Before, During and After

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
paddlegal

Before, During and After

Post by paddlegal »

Note: This is literally the 3rd time I’ve tried to post this. First time we lost our WiFi connection. Second time I finished writing but when I submitted it I got logged out and now here I am...3rd time is a charm. Each version gets shorter and shorter. LOL

So...my trusty task lamp and magnifier of 20 years died about 3 weeks ago. New one, the improved LED version, was arriving today. This meant I needed to completely clear my desk, clean it, reorganize it and dump a lot of useless stuff, junking up my desk. It was totally covered in craft supplies and paper from my purging. What a mess. But now it’s terrific. The LED lamp is outstanding. It is so bright that I no longer need the Ott light that was on the other side of my work area. Now I just have a second light over my paper trimmer. Very pleased how it all came together but it literally took me all day to do it.

Before: The old task light and some of the clutter.
During: Cleared desk and the ink case got cleaned and reorganized. I added a monitor riser under one of them and it really changed things. Now to get a second one for the other case.
After: My clean, organized and useful desk...for awhile anyway.
Attachments
855A2D3C-DFFE-40E7-A76C-5ABD9E194016.jpeg
855A2D3C-DFFE-40E7-A76C-5ABD9E194016.jpeg (153.06 KiB) Viewed 561 times
F43F3F9C-C4A1-4918-AA49-EC134BA21892.jpeg
F43F3F9C-C4A1-4918-AA49-EC134BA21892.jpeg (131.15 KiB) Viewed 561 times
E8F90894-52F1-44F0-B108-1C134D223D30.jpeg
E8F90894-52F1-44F0-B108-1C134D223D30.jpeg (135.63 KiB) Viewed 561 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Re: Before, During and After

Post by pugmom »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Wow, Farley, your space looks amazing. I could have all kinds of fun making cards and scrapbook pages there.
I LOVE my OTT light - can't work without it, but the day will come when I will probably be getting one with a magnifier. For now my magnifying glasses do the trick.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

What a huge effort to clean it out. It looks super organized!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

It's always great to gave clean organized space out of chaos, isn't it? Mine never seems to last long, but the momentary clean feels great. ;) Enjoy the new lamp!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Congratulations Farley! Well done!
I have lamp envy though. My next crafting space will have electric outlets and windows. That’s the plan anyway.
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Super-organised and cleared for action! It all looks great, Farley.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

you're doing an amazing job!! What kind of lamp is that? Mike wants me to start recommending things that he could get me for birthday and Christmas... so a new lamp might be a good option for him
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I had a lamp like that at my job as Quality Control Inspector, amazing what I could see with it, everyone hated me!!!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nchoney wrote:you're doing an amazing job!! What kind of lamp is that? Mike wants me to start recommending things that he could get me for birthday and Christmas... so a new lamp might be a good option for him

Debi the company is DAZOR. My fluorescent lamp lasted 20 years. This one should also if not longer with LEDs and so much better. Bob and I talked directly to them with questions and “Ed” was terrific in guiding me to what would work best. I ended up with a 5-diopter. After talking at length with Ed, he then gave us the name of a company in Chicago to order from so the price would be less by about $100. The shipping was a bit high I guess due to it being sent to a residence. But well worth it.

https://www.dazor.com/store/LED-Circlin ... er-42.html
FARLEY in Sacramento