Wishing PamP a Speedy Recovery!

paddlegal

Re: Wishing PamP a Speedy Recovery!

Post by paddlegal »

Yay Pam you are home! I bet the hospital staff are going to miss you and your comic relief. But REALLY happy you are home and free of CP30. Be good, rest and soak in some healing vibes from all of us.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pam, just checking in on you and hope you are feeling better today since you’re home now. Hope you’re letting family take care of you.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam - hope you had a good sleep and no more shortness of breath!
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Glad to read that you are home. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Strangely enough, a cup of coffee this morning and an Aleve took care of 95% of the issue. Go figure. :lol:

Thank you all for your support and love!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You can feel free to tell me it’s none of my business but did you get Compartment Syndrome?

I know you have to be going crazy. Are you allowed to bear weight on that leg?
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Nobody said if I do or don't have it. Everytime the surgeon looks at the swelling he just says "keep your feet above your head." I do that, the swelling goes down, but as soon as I walk across the room it's back. Oh joy.

I can bear weight - it's just a little uncomfortable and I have to be careful of the wound vac. The thing has a habit of catching on the bathroom cabinet doors. Unfortunately I can't decorate it because it has to be turned in after I'm through with it. I have learned a few tricks to keep it from snagging on things, so yay me.

Best time of the day is sitting on the deck in the swing at sunrise with my coffee, listening to the birds and the squabbling squirrels, talking to my herbs and veggies. (They don't talk back or argue!) Other than that I'm propped up reading or surfing the vast wasteland of television drinking my protein shakes (yuck) and thinking about all of the other things I'd rather be doing. :lol: Catnip, mint, basil are all producing a bumper crop this year, and one tomato bush has 6 tomatoes on it! The container garden on the deck was a stroke of genius - no managing steps or walking across the yard. I'm starting to think I knew this was coming when I purchased those 14 pots and 20 bags of potting soil. :shock:

I am NOT a good patient!
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You need to set up a target and practice your sharpshooting skills.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Pam, I'm sorry your still having so many problems with that leg. Just be patient. You'll be back on your feet soon.
I really like Pam C's idea :lol:

I can't believe you have tomatoes already. I JUST planted my tomato and pepper plants in their patio containers yesterday, along with planting my carrot, radish, lettuce, cucumber, bean and onion seeds. It will be a late harvest this year. But, at least I'm getting tomatoes, peppers, basil and dill from my indoor Aerogarden….LOVE that thing!
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:You need to set up a target and practice your sharpshooting skills.

I think Pam’s idea is a fine one.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Unfortunately, Sue, it's going to be at least the end of July before I'm without a bandage. The hole in my leg is about 1/4" deep and 2 1/2" x 2". All of that has to fill in with new tissue and blood vessels. No lake visits for me this year, and I really really need a shave. :lol:
Pam P.

pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Hang in there Pam, the best way you can.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Pam, I'm glad you are enjoying the sunrise and birdsong while your body takes time to heal. The pots on the deck were a great idea, and your tomatoes seem to be thriving.