Re: Group card question

Post by pamcook »

How wonderful!

Yes, we’ve missed you!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have a suggestion, which may or may not work. Cut the card fronts off and attach them to blank cards. That way all you need to do is add a sentiment that's appropriate for the card theme, or leave it blank. Then you have a "new" handmade card.

And you have most definitely been missed!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Yes, that works too. I love being able to give the cards new life.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm glad you explained, Rachelle. So you want new or repurposed cards with envelopes to sell, right?

I was thinking more of the card trees you see at Christmas where you pick a card off the tree and it has a child's or family's name, ages, gift suggestions, etc. on it. You buy those things and deliver them to the organization sponsoring it. It can be a church, fire house, charity, etc. They might also be called Giving Trees.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Rachelle, could you use any “extra” cards or do they need to be made by your group only? I have so many cards i’ve made in the past few years plus going back many years when I made them like a maniac during PSLs. (Decent ones, not a stamp slapped onto a card base) I’d be happy to make up a box and send them to you when you need them. I would just need to add envelopes for most of them.

Well I guess I should have read your answer to us more carefully. Going back I see you would welcome more cards. Correct?
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

mpizzazz wrote:I'm glad you explained, Rachelle. So you want new or repurposed cards with envelopes to sell, right?

Yes, new or repurposed cards. And I wasn't really asking for anyone to make anything specifically for this. I was just cleaning out my enormous stash of cards I've acquired over the last 20 years, either through swaps or challenges, etc. I couldn't possibly have sent the amount of cards I've accumulated and there's no way I could throw them out, so this was a way to get them into someone's hands who would use them and raise a little money for a good cause. I just threw it out there in case anyone here might have the same problem. And the garden club provides envelopes too, so envelopes are not required.

I was thinking more of the card trees you see at Christmas where you pick a card off the tree and it has a child's or family's name, ages, gift suggestions, etc. on it. You buy those things and deliver them to the organization sponsoring it. It can be a church, fire house, charity, etc. They might also be called Giving Trees.
Oh, I see where you were coming from. I guess maybe it's a card carousel that I was thinking of.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

paddlegal wrote:Rachelle, could you use any “extra” cards or do they need to be made by your group only? I have so many cards i’ve made in the past few years plus going back many years when I made them like a maniac during PSLs. (Decent ones, not a stamp slapped onto a card base) I’d be happy to make up a box and send them to you when you need them. I would just need to add envelopes for most of them.

Well I guess I should have read your answer to us more carefully. Going back I see you would welcome more cards. Correct?
Yes, any extra cards you have or you've been holding onto from all those PSLs and swaps, we would be happy to have them for the sale. If you have envelopes that's fine, but you don't have to have an envelope for every card. I just made envelopes for the odd sized cards I had. The garden club has standard envelopes and provides those.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for clarifying all this, Rachelle.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com