Adhesive runner refills

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

Adhesive runner refills

Post by pamcook »

When I find smokin’ deals on adhesive at Tuesday Morning, I grab them. And so, I currently have 6 different brands in my drawer. Darice, Elmer’s and We R Memory Keepers all have the same shape & size. Am I just slow to catch on? Their spinner innards are the same shape and all. Sadly, I don’t think any of the three have refills (but I’m investigating).Well, to my surprise, all three are refillable and refills are fairly easy to find.
I just took a photo to keep in my phone so when I run across good deals on refills I know which will work in the applicators I have.
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Re: Adhesive runner refills

Post by fuzzylover »

Just watch when you use them. What I found was that the refills have a different number of "cogs", "nubs" whatever you call them on the take up side and don't always wind properly. Mine were constantly winding in on themselves and I would have to open it up and spin the take up reel manually.

Tombow was the only one that seemed to work, but finding refills was very difficult. I finally went to the Scotch Tape Glider quite a while ago. It took me a bit of time to get used to using and refilling, but now I love it.
Monica

Post by Monica »

My fave tape runner has always been the Tombow. Easy to find refills at pretty much any craft store and I've never had an issue with it. I do love the E-Z Runner by 3L too, the one that does little strips instead of one continuous line, but those aren't refillable so I keep it for scrapbook pages when I'm away from home. My go-to is still the double sided Scotch refill rolls and a desktop tape dispenser.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Where do you get the TomBow refills? They had removable tape refills and I used them when I did my CS Pages as I rarely use them as pictured. I hold everything in place temporarily until I'm ready to add my photos and complete the page. I haven't been able to find them, and now I just use the Zig 2 Way as a repositionable.

And as I type this I went to the Scrapbook.com site and sure enough - there are the repositionable refills - "found it" - LOL
Monica

Post by Monica »

:lol: I find them at my local craft chain Craft Warehouse, Hobby Lobby, Joann's depending on the location...
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

My ATG is still my fave but sometimes, I can’t walk away from the price (of Elmer’s, Tombow, all the others)!

And yes, I counted the cogs and held them against each other to make sure they’re the same.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I get my ATG refills from a seller on eBay or amazon. I'll post a link when I'm on the computer. But I get a great price and they work fine.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:I get my ATG refills from a seller on eBay or amazon. I'll post a link when I'm on the computer. But I get a great price and they work fine.
I buy from Tape Jungle.
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Whenever Tape Jungle has a sale I stock up. I've never had a problem with them.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I love getting the clear wrap football
from Framing Supplies with my tape
for my tape gun. The price is competitive
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

EDelValle wrote:I love getting the clear wrap football
Yes - that football is legendary!
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Do you have a link to what you get. I went to their site and don't see anything for the Scotch Tape Glider. Perhaps you're using something different?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

fuzzylover wrote:
Do you have a link to what you get. I went to their site and don't see anything for the Scotch Tape Glider. Perhaps you're using something different?
https://framingsupplies-shop.com/3m-atg ... y-36-yards
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

check out Tape Jungle - they are almost .90 a roll cheaper for 12 rolls. It gets cheaper if you buy more in bulk. I usually get the subpack when they have a sale, which is less than the 1.98 for more than 12.

https://www.tapejungle.com/products/sta ... 56720.html
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I just ordered from there and it was free shipping . My total was 26.00 and odd change for 12 rolls. It arrived in 2 days, fast!