Don't give up on me yet

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Keitha

Don't give up on me yet

Post by Keitha »

While I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth, I have fallen off the crafty bandwagon in recent months. Not only am I not making anything, but I've hardly even been reading blogs, watching videos or listening to podcasts. Not to mention being AWOL here. However I am missing it terribly and am looking forward to finishing this run of shows so I have some personal time again.

Hallmark movies have been keeping me busy up here in North Bay. Since my vacation in May to Alaska - and I'm chagrined to say I've hardly even looked at the photos I took there, never mind done anything with them - we've finished "Christmas is for Love" with Brooke D'Orsay and Daniel Lissing and "Return to Christmas Creek" with Tori Anderson and Stephen Huszar - and also a couple favourite actors of mine Steven Weber (I may have gushed when I first spoke to him) and Kari Matchett.

For a change of pace we're just finishing a non-Christmas movie for Hallmark's murder and mayhem channel - okay, they call it Movies & Mysteries; this one is called "Crossword Mysteries: A Puzzle to Die For" starring Lacey Chabert and Brennan Elliott. The movie was conceived by Will Shortz who is the crossword puzzle editor of the New York Times, and if it is well-received there are plans for a bunch more of them. Then back to Christmas; I've already started prep on "Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe" again starring Lacey Chabert. While we don't make them quite as fast as you watch them it almost feels that way; indeed they overlap and we don't even get one finished before we're starting the next. So I've been slammed for weeks and am currently slated to work until at least the end of October - the beginning of December if we take on one more. Huh, I guess I have been making something :-o

And if all that wasn't enough to keep me from my craft table I've also embarked on a new relationship which is really an old one; I've started seeing a guy again that I dated decades ago, whom I parted ways with because he wanted marriage and kids and I'd been there, done that and wasn't interested in repeating the experience. So now that his kids are grown and his marriage behind him we're again spending some time together; not that I have a lot to spare, but he's taking up a chunk of it. I have told him he's at least partly to blame for my lack of productivity but it hasn't scared him off yet, LOL. I'm still trying to balance how to work 60+ hours a week, find time for crafting and make room for him in my life; particularly challenging when you factor in I've basically been living in a hotel since May, with maybe a couple nights at home each month.

I can say though that most days I do love my job, and have no complaints with life in general. I'm seriously looking forward to December though!
pat-czap

Re: Don't give up on me yet

Post by pat-czap »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent recap of your past several months. You've been busy in so many ways. How interesting to reconnect with someone from your past, may it work out however it is meant to be. Hope you are happy!
My husband will be happy with all of the new movies, and me as well. :D
Take care.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha!! :happy94:
Hm... maybe one if your screenwriting teams needs to think about basing a movie off of your experience! :lol:
So happy to hear from you. I’m looking forward to the new movies and hearing from you more as well.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

You certainly have been busy. You know, I think the crafting can be put in the back burner for a bit. Your love life and your career sound very interesting at the moment. There's always time for crafting in retirement :D

So glad to hear there are new movies in the works -- and some of my favorite actors.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha I was so excited to hear from you on my card-a-day topic! You are amazing in your ability to keep so many plates spinning at once. Yay for you in this renewed relationship. I hope you can enjoy it wherever it leads you. Looking forward to your movies too. And hopefully before the year is out you’ll have some time to do a little crafting as time and love life allows.

So happy to hear from you and thanks for checking in with us.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

....and she manages to email me once a week but I never hear about the movies, themes or the actors. Maybe since neither of us watch them but the crossword puzzle one sounds interesting. I have heard about "the man" though. ;)
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Just wow!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I'm out of breath just reading about all that you
have going on.

But.... come December maybe you'll get to
sit down and watch one of those Hallmark
movies from the beginning through the entire
story without stopping for "Take 19" :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Goodness! I'm not sure I could keep up everything you're doing! I agree - they need to make a Hallmark movie about all of this.

I love the Hallmark Mysteries! Wonder if they'll add in a mystery series with scrappers?? Now that would be fun, although my favorite right now is the yard sale (?) series. It features an antique store that leaks. :)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Good for you Keitha
Enjoy yourself
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois