My ear...UPDATE 9/13/2018 1ST PAGE

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Keitha

Re: My ear...UPDATE 9/13/2018 1ST PAGE

Post by Keitha »

Just reading this thread for the first time (I've been AWOL far too long). Glad to hear Greg is feeling better, but so sorry you haven't had the same positive results. Sounds like you're exploring all options; I hope you find something that helps with the hearing loss.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Wow! What a day for both of you. Glad to hear that Greg is doing better, but do wish there was better news for you. If no one can figure out what has caused this, I hope the hearing aid option works out for you.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Good news for Greg! So happy he’s feeling better...hope his soreness disappears quickly. Meanwhile I hope you’re on to a new or additional doctor who will give you some relief.

More :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Hi Pat -

I'm just now getting back to this board (I've missed you all!). I had sudden hearing loss as well earlier this year (6 months ago). We were on vacation and after the plane ride I found I had a bit of a cold. I went through the week OK and the flight home was fine. The next day I thought I was getting a sinus infection and my right ear was just blocked. I went through anti-biotics and steroids and no real change. I had an MRI a few weeks ago to eliminate anything more serious. At this point my inner-ear doctor thinks it was a viral loss. So... I too am getting a hearing aid. I know it'll make things much more clear, but it will take lots of getting used to.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

gwendols wrote:Hi Pat -

I'm just now getting back to this board (I've missed you all!). I had sudden hearing loss as well earlier this year (6 months ago). We were on vacation and after the plane ride I found I had a bit of a cold. I went through the week OK and the flight home was fine. The next day I thought I was getting a sinus infection and my right ear was just blocked. I went through anti-biotics and steroids and no real change. I had an MRI a few weeks ago to eliminate anything more serious. At this point my inner-ear doctor thinks it was a viral loss. So... I too am getting a hearing aid. I know it'll make things much more clear, but it will take lots of getting used to.
Hello Gwen! I'm sorry to hear of your hearing loss. The Ohio State doc said mine could have been viral as well, who knows. I wasn't' sick prior to loss though. What type of hearing aid are you looking at? I have another hearing test soon, so I'll decide soon, myself.

Do you have any fullness in your head, affected side only, fluctuating with the weather? Any tinnitus or vertigo?
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Hi! No vertigo, but I do have some tinnitus. When I had my hearing tested they noticed that I have a slight loss in my left ear, but a large drop on the right. It's so frustrating to have this happen so suddenly. I think the seasonal changes/allergies make a bit of a difference as well.

I opted to go with just getting one hearing aid, but they did show me the differences with the BaHa system (surgical), two hearing aids (cross) or just the one. I should be getting it on my birthday next week (Happy birthday to me - it's a hearing aid! LOL)
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Okay, thanks. My good ear on the right, is totally okay. The doc here in Findlay told me a hearing aid would do nothing for me, I would need the Cros type. The hearing test I had in Columbus showed I understood 40 percent in my bad ear, and was no understanding a few months ago. Take care and protect those ears!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Gwen & Pat I hope you both soon have some improvement in your hearing. Age does so many wonderful things to us.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO