Multi-Layered Stamping Method

paddlegal

Multi-Layered Stamping Method

Post by paddlegal »

After Marianne asked me a question about a multiple layer stamp I was using I thought I would share with you a fantastic technique that practically insures you will line up the layers great every time.

This is a Catherine Pooler video from her blog. It’s also on YouTube but this link will be easier to use. Scroll down until you see the video that says, “layered Fall leaves and Roses - Multi-stamp Stamping”.

Warning: Her voice (at least to me) can be a bit aggravating. But if you’re interested in multi-layered stamps, this video is for you. Keep in mind it only works if you have the accompanying dies and a stamping platform. I look at my rarely used muti-layer stamps quite differently now with confidence.

https://catherinepooler.com/2018/08/16/ ... ase-day-2/
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Re: Multi-Layered Stamping Method

Post by pat-czap »

LOL I try to watch some of her videos, but they can be long, such as product demos, and too wordy and giggly. I may try to watch this one.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pat-czap wrote:LOL I try to watch some of her videos, but they can be long, such as product demos, and too wordy and giggly. I may try to watch this one.
Turn the volume down until she says something you want to hear. I do that to lots of people like that.

Thanks for posting about the videos, Farley, I don't have matching dies and stamps but will watch it when we get back to the Land of Unlimited Internet.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Boom, is right! Now I can use those Altenew flower stamps I have. Now to get all the inks, love her colors!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Boom, is right! Now I can use those Altenew flower stamps I have. Now to get all the inks, love her colors!

It’s one of those smack-me moments...why didn’t I thing of that. Yes, those Altenew stamps are ideal for this method as are really any stamp and die sets. Even the sets that I’ve snipped apart can still do the job.

I am really enjoying her inks and realize that I now want the reinkers along with some new colors.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

mpizzazz wrote:
Turn the volume down until she says something you want to hear. I do that to lots of people like that.

This is how I watch all crafting videos.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I watched the video. One of those things you'd say...why didn't't I think of that? Thanks for the link Farley. I like it better when Catherine does the video on her own.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Just when I had decided to give the Altenew stamps away! Now I have to order dies so I can keep them. :lol:

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

pbp908 wrote:Just when I had decided to give the Altenew stamps away! Now I have to order dies so I can keep them. :lol:

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;)
I wasn't about to get rid of anything, but I am on the verge of ordering some Catherine Pooler inks, dies and stamps. I'm waiting to see what the Stamp of Approval box is this month and I'll either get that (if I act quick enough) or I'll order the other things separately. Farley is such an enabler! :D
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I knew there had to be a way to more easily line up the layers!

Thanks for posting this!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I've been watching for you to post this link Farley (since you mentioned it in the thread I read an hour ago, LOL) and I'll be sure to watch the video when I've got time, maybe this weekend. It seems I also have some underused Altenew stamps and dies.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It works beautifully! Even with sets of dies that aren’t attached to each other. I used the template and taped my dies onto it. Since my stamped images were all the same, I just used the template (with my dies) over and over.
Thanks again Farley.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I keep putting off getting one of those positioner things but will need to make sure I get one. Troublemaker :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:It works beautifully! Even with sets of dies that aren’t attached to each other. I used the template and taped my dies onto it. Since my stamped images were all the same, I just used the template (with my dies) over and over.
Thanks again Farley.

Exactly! I have a number of matching dies for that type of stamping that are unattached. Just make your own template, positioning the dies in a convenient way. I keep the template in with the stamp/die set. Easy to use over and over.
FARLEY in Sacramento