West coast girls

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

West coast girls

Post by pamcook »

I hope you’re all okay. As if the poor air quality (wildfires everywhere) wasn’t bad enough, I see there was an earthquake off the coast of OR today. I have to search for information and what I’ve found doesn’t really help.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Re: West coast girls

Post by nancine »

I'm okay. Didn't feel the earthquake, but now I need to check that out. Aunt Marlene is near Grants Pass and cousins in Dallas. Not to mention Rachelle is right on the coast!!!
Our air quality is pretty poor - Farley's I'm sure is worse. We occasionally get the Bay Area "natural A/C" when the winds are from off shore and blow it out. I live in a valley so summertime we get haze/smog added to the mix.
Monica

Post by Monica »

No seismic activity felt here, but I'm excited over our unhealthy air quality measurement dropping down by ten... which is kind of sad until I point out that I stayed home from work Monday because we were at hazardous levels then. I'd just like air that doesn't make my chest hurt or require inhalers and air purifiers. Right now the Seattle area has worse air then we do, as BC has a lot of fires that are sending smoke our way.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Aside from the Central Valley being choked with smoke we are unaffected by that earthquake. The smoke has been wth us for about 5 weeks now and visibility is so low. I can’t imagine what it’s like up north were the actual fires are. I heard that the Carr Fire had lost some ground. But is around 70% contained. It’s shocking to see the devastation.

I and my raptor survey team were on the road today IDing and counting our birds of prey. The smoke made it more challenging than usual to ID and count them due to the poor visibility and just plain weird light. We need a good storm or two to dampen the fires and clear the air.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Where I am we're sort of screwed in all directions with smoke. BC is burning, various parts of Washington State are, Idaho and Montana have fires, Oregon has some... You know it's bad when they are listing the air from Puyallup up past Seattle and Renton as very unhealthy right now.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

So very sorry that the west coast is really being socked with all of this. At one point we were getting tons of rain and I was in hopes some would go to you all. We are dry again, that doesn't take long with the heat & humidity but we don't have the fires you all have to put up with. Prayers for all that this soon clears up.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Monica wrote:No seismic activity felt here, but I'm excited over our unhealthy air quality measurement dropping down by ten... which is kind of sad until I point out that I stayed home from work Monday because we were at hazardous levels then. I'd just like air that doesn't make my chest hurt or require inhalers and air purifiers. Right now the Seattle area has worse air then we do, as BC has a lot of fires that are sending smoke our way.
Jim said the air in Port Angeles is terrible right now. They're staying in as much as possible and getting on each other's nerves. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:
Monica wrote:No seismic activity felt here, but I'm excited over our unhealthy air quality measurement dropping down by ten... which is kind of sad until I point out that I stayed home from work Monday because we were at hazardous levels then. I'd just like air that doesn't make my chest hurt or require inhalers and air purifiers. Right now the Seattle area has worse air then we do, as BC has a lot of fires that are sending smoke our way.
Jim said the air in Port Angeles is terrible right now. They're staying in as much as possible and getting on each other's nerves. :lol:
:lol: Another reason to be thankful that DH's hearing aids are Bluetooth. He can watch what he likes, be in his own world, and I hear none of it!