Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat - It is now on my desk!

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat - It is now on my desk!

Post by paddlegal »

I’ve been thinking about this glass mat since it came out months ago. Today I watched Vicky P’s video demoing it. I’ve also watched Tim’s. But Vicky twisted my arm and I didn’t hesitate to pounce on one. It will arrive next week. Seriously excited about this. One of the main reasons for wanting this is that I can heat emboss directly on it. I get annoyed when I have to shift to some other area or hold it risking fried fingers to emboss something so I don’t melt my existing self-healing mat that is on my desk. I think I will emboss more because of this feature.

I bought it through her link on Scrapbooks.com. It will be about $12 less, $49.88, including shipping, than had I bought it from Amazon, $62.05...it’s not Prime. So if you’re interested in one they are just recently back in stock at Scrapbooks.

Vicky’s video and link:

http://www.clips-n-cuts.com/
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Re: Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Post by Monica »

I'll be waiting to hear what you think about it! I have two glass mats already, which is why I haven't jumped on the bandwagon for this, but I have been tempted.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Re: Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Post by pamcook »

I've enjoyed mine. SO easy to clean up all the mist overspray and I can use my circle cutter without fear (since I never know where my mat is!).
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat - It’s now on my desk!

Post by paddlegal »

Monday I totally cleared off my desk in anticipation of the Media Mat arriving today. LOVE it! I used it a little tonight by smooshing ink pads on the white side to use as watercolors. The only negative I see so far is that my lights of course reflect on the mat and shine back up at my eyes. But once I’ve got a project going on it I don’t notice it.

Photos: Before desk was cleared...it has looked far worse, LOL. Cleared and finally with the new Media Mat. My son asked how long it will look this good. Ha!
Attachments
9D5541BE-FCFE-4F25-BDF7-27C0BBEB9777.jpeg
9D5541BE-FCFE-4F25-BDF7-27C0BBEB9777.jpeg (133.94 KiB) Viewed 261 times
404E7185-0608-4204-8351-997E37A92ECB.jpeg
404E7185-0608-4204-8351-997E37A92ECB.jpeg (115.76 KiB) Viewed 261 times
5CEB2340-E9F5-459F-8888-ACD49E6B9133.jpeg
5CEB2340-E9F5-459F-8888-ACD49E6B9133.jpeg (126.74 KiB) Viewed 261 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Re: Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat - It is now on my desk!

Post by pamcook »

:clap:
Impressive - but not as impressive as everything you create on that desk!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh Pam...thank you!

So I had a little time last night to goof around with watercoloring with CP inks on the mat’s palette. This really is neat to have what you need on hand right there all together.
Attachments
9E726378-B0B2-418B-83CF-629F99752923.jpeg
9E726378-B0B2-418B-83CF-629F99752923.jpeg (151.31 KiB) Viewed 249 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Not only is your desk organized, but those shelves - I'm impressed. It looks like you have everything you need within arm's reach.

Your new watercolor piece is beautiful.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks Sue. My sweet husband built those for me about 5/6 years ago. They changed everything for me and contain what I use the most. If it’s in front of me, I will use it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Interesting! So if it's glass, I can see the palette part of it being very handy for mixing paints, inks, etc. but for cutting with a craft knife would you cut on it or use the old green olfa mat. I never pay much attention to new products until one of you gets one! :tomato:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

You can cut right on the glass, Marianne. I have the old EK Success glass mats and I always just cut right on the glass.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:Interesting! So if it's glass, I can see the palette part of it being very handy for mixing paints, inks, etc. but for cutting with a craft knife would you cut on it or use the old green olfa mat. I never pay much attention to new products until one of you gets one! :tomato:

Hahaha!

Like Monica said, cutting directly on the tempered glass is great. My first scrapbook tool was a circle cutter. That base was tempered glass with a compass-like blade that made perfect circles...but not perfect LOs. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Interesting! So if it's glass, I can see the palette part of it being very handy for mixing paints, inks, etc. but for cutting with a craft knife would you cut on it or use the old green olfa mat. I never pay much attention to new products until one of you gets one! :tomato:

Hahaha!

Like Monica said, cutting directly on the tempered glass is great. My first scrapbook tool was a circle cutter. That base was tempered glass with a compass-like blade that made perfect circles...but not perfect LOs. :lol:
Thanks for explaining, Monica and Farley. I still have that circle cutter and just used it the other day.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com