Taylored Expressions fans

Save some $ Find out what works
Keitha

Taylored Expressions fans

Post by Keitha »

I just read that as of the end of December online stores will no longer carry Taylored Expressions products. Apparently the company only wants to sell through brick & mortar stores, so online retailers won't be able to get/offer their products. Just in case you need to place an order before then.
nchoney

Re: Taylored Expressions fans

Post by nchoney »

Well...drat... I ordered some of their inkpads a while back and I like them.... so guess I better order some more...
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I wondered if something was afoot. Thanks for the heads up. I do like their stamps and dies a lot. Never tried the inks. I better leave that one alone. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'll bet that doesn't last long. As much as I applaud their desire to support the brick & mortar stores, the reality is that one almost needs an online presence to survive.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Since they sell their products and others on their own website, I wonder if they'll keep doing that. If not... that's kind of a waste of a website... and I'm sure they make money with it if they're also selling other products.

but yeah... in this day and age, this is going to be like shooting themselves in the proverbial foot.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

This is the reply I got -
Hi Pam,

Thank you for your email. The rumor you heard is definitely not true. All of our products will always be available for purchase online through our webstore at www.tayloredexpressions.com. Perhaps you heard this rumor from another online store in the US through whom our products were previously sold. We recently stopped offering our products for sale through other online outlets in the US in order to focus more time and energy on enhancing the relationships we have with fans and users of our products around the world.

If you previously purchased our products from another online store then I invite you to check out our web store. And if you do a little shopping while you're there I encourage you to create an account as that will automatically enroll you in our Crafty Points program through which you can earn discounts on future orders.

I'll leave it at that, but should you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks again for contacting us.

Have a wonderful afternoon!

Jon
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Good job Pam! I’ve bought directly from TE before and have been happy with them.
Great to know they aren’t going away.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've not seen many of their designs - was surprised to see so many when I went to their website. So, still selling online but only through their own website - and in brick & mortar stores. Got it.
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I have a couple of the Taylored Expressions stamps and like them. Glad to hear they are not closing their on-line store.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Since they sell it in their on-line store for the same price another on-line retailer sells it for (say SSS or Ellen Hutson) they are making more money in on-line sales by doing it only themselves. Say the set is $14.99... they sold it at wholesale prices to SSS so instead of a $8 sale they make a $14.99 sale. I'm just guessing at the $8 but I'm sure it's close to that.

I'm pretty sure my LSS carries them - they have an entire wall of clear stamps and matching dies.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

An LSS here also carries them. Stands to reason that the online store, a competitor, who first said they would no longer be offering them, wouldn't mention you could still order direct.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I didn't realize they had so many other products available, either... so getting people to go to their own website might be a good strategy!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I’ve bought stamps and dies directly from them before. Those other products must be new and how they plan to stay in business. I just don’t recall the papers and doodads. Some tempting items on their site as usual. Sigh.
FARLEY in Sacramento