Here I am

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
troublesmom

Re: Here I am

Post by troublesmom »

What Pat said. Lots of hugs & prayers. :happy94: :happy94: :happy94:
pat-czap wrote:Oh my Laurie, so many issues to deal with. You sound like you have an amazing attitude. Hugs to you. :happy94:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Laurie wrote:Hi Christy....
I understand completely and so glad you have found your passion again. I too have been in that ? whatever. For me going back to school, then change of jobs and now Steve has been diagnosed with Frontal Temporal Dementia. He is in the mild stage, but the medication they have put him on stops him from driving. So, we are adjusting to a new way of life. We were going to build a house here on the creek but decided to purchase a modular/double wide instead. I didn't think I could handle the stress of building and I wanted to do something quick. I so look forward to setting up my scrapbook room and cutting paper once again. Entering challenges, working on scrapbook pages and creating ATC cards again. I can't hardly wait.

Laurie
I have a friend whose mother has FTD. I'm so sorry and hope & pray that early treatment makes a huge difference. Has he been to Duke yet?
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

So much going on in your life Laurie! Looks like you are both handling what's been thrown at you with great positive attitudes and grace!
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

pamcook wrote:
Laurie wrote:Hi Christy....
I understand completely and so glad you have found your passion again. I too have been in that ? whatever. For me going back to school, then change of jobs and now Steve has been diagnosed with Frontal Temporal Dementia. He is in the mild stage, but the medication they have put him on stops him from driving. So, we are adjusting to a new way of life. We were going to build a house here on the creek but decided to purchase a modular/double wide instead. I didn't think I could handle the stress of building and I wanted to do something quick. I so look forward to setting up my scrapbook room and cutting paper once again. Entering challenges, working on scrapbook pages and creating ATC cards again. I can't hardly wait.

Laurie
I have a friend whose mother has FTD. I'm so sorry and hope & pray that early treatment makes a huge difference. Has he been to Duke yet?

No. I wanted a second opinion, but he doesn't. The testing was so hard on him and frustrated him so much that he didn't want to go through it a second time. As you know there is no medication for dementia just medication to treat the anxiety he has when he can't remember. His long term memory is good. Probably better than mine. Everything is short term, but we've got strategies and tactics that we're trying to help with that. I love the "Tile". We've got that for his phone.

Laurie
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm sorry to hear this Laurie. :happy94: to you both. I hope you get that craft room set up soon, it will be so good for you.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Oh Laurie many many hugs. :happy94:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Laurie I am so sorry you two are dealing with this. But it sounds like you have some good coping methods to use. I recall the testing my mom went through for vascular dementia. It’s rough and really frustrating. I actually ended it before they finished with her. She had had enough and for what?

One book that helped me out some is “The 36 Hour Day”. This may be of some use for you.

:happy94:

https://www.amazon.com/36-Hour-Day-Alzh ... 6+hour+day
FARLEY in Sacramento