I think I spend more time organizing

pugmom

I think I spend more time organizing

Post by pugmom »

than I do creating, but I think I'm finally getting to the point where it really works for me. I've been watching the sales at Michaels and when the 12 x 12 Iris scrapbook cases go on sale for $3.00, I pick up a few (or a lot). I've been sorting paper, ephemera, stickers, washi tape, holiday stuff, die cuts, bling and more and I feel pretty organized at the moment.

I went to an estate sale last spring and the woman was a hoarder, but a very organized hoarder. She obviously had a QVC/HSN addiction, but all her craft supplies were sorted, boxed and labeled. I'm a pretty organized person, but this was impressive for the vast amount of stuff she had. I don't have anywhere near what she had, but it made me think about how I could be better organized and more efficient. Also, at some point (tomorrow, if my husband had his way) we will be putting this house on the market and it will be so much easier to pack up my craft room if all I have to do is put plastic boxes or drawer units into bigger cardboard boxes and label them.

Oh, I'm also making good use of collapsible storage bins (cubes). Love those things, not only in the craft room, but in my closets and pantry as well.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
nchoney

Re: I think I spend more time organizing

Post by nchoney »

I like using those Iris containers for themed things.... and for when I'm pre-planning pages. Sure makes it easier to grab things to work on...

My goal now is to reduce the rest of the stash so I can more easily grab things to do the page planning, etc.

But yes... the more we have, the more time we spend organizing it... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

One good thing about organizing is that you often rediscover things. I like using those 12x12 Iris boxes too. I use them for specific projects especially when I’m meeting up with my craft buddies on Wednesdays. When I do that I actually get a little bit done on those days. Everything I need in one box to make a set of cards or to use up a SSS kit. But for some reason I seem to need more of those boxes all the time.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I like them too and I need to do more organizing
I have several with projects started all ready
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Isn't it awesome when you find something that really starts to work for you? I finally hit that a few years ago with Recollections cubes. I replaced an armoire/desk unit that didn't work very well with a wall of those cubes, and that was my big turning point. I like the Iris boxes too, but I use them for projects. They're more for transient storage for me, and my permanent stuff is in the cube drawers.

I've definitely had some craft room re-orgs since then, but fortunately they've been minor in comparison to the cubes, and best of all, didn't require significant financial investment.

Oh, and the bit about rediscovering things - that's my absolute favorite! I love rediscovering old stash. Sometimes I realize I've fallen out of love with something, but more often than not, I fall in love all over again with the rediscovered stuff, and keep it out to actually make something with. :cool5:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I also have a bunch of those containers and they started out being somewhat organized, now some are and some aren't. Just sitting here I can count 16 and probably could use that many more.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO