World Cardmaking Day - Oct. 7

nchoney

World Cardmaking Day - Oct. 7

Post by nchoney »

Today is World Cardmaking Day.... I've added some info on the main blog page... with some links to some inspiration and shopping enabling... please feel free to post some comments and then I'll approve those throughout the day. A good way to give the blog a little activity.

And.... if you ARE making some cards today... please post them here so we can all see them!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Re: World Cardmaking Day - Oct. 7

Post by pamcook »

We’re trying to out run the northern bands of TS Nate for the last cruise of the year in Pilot Mountain. We’ll probably get there to find out everyone else stayed home.
I have 4 Halloween cards started and hope to get them finished and posted tonight.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nice adding that to the blog Debi. I am playing with the SSS October card kit plus I need to make two birthday cards...late ones. So I’ll post them here but it may not be until tomorrow. If our plans go well we are going to a Sandhill Crane fly-in this evening and will be back late.

Here is the one card from the kit so far. I made it with my “framed” challenge in mind. This kit is lovely but will also be a bit challenging. Interestingly I found that the blue ribbed CS cardstock from “Haberdashery” was a better match than the blue card stock that came in the kit. The shiny areas are a lovely metallic rose gold. The two die cuts are actually made from one die. It gives you a very thin outline of the flower and the interior is also a usable flower. I’m impressed with the die. I kind of botched up embossing the sentiment. Both it and the embossing powder came in the kit. The powder is a metallic blue...gorgeous...when done right that is.
Attachments
39436FD2-3497-4410-BCC0-A99C718005E2.jpeg
39436FD2-3497-4410-BCC0-A99C718005E2.jpeg (117.75 KiB) Viewed 540 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Nice card, Farley. That foil paper looks like it came from the My Mind's Eye Blush kit. I bought the 6x6 pad, the 12x12 kit and some miscellaneous embellishments a few weeks ago. Haven't used it yet, but it is beautiful. I thought it would be good for heritage photos when I get back to that this winter. I'm going to see if I have any of the blue ribbed paper left in my CS stash and put it with rest of the kit. Thanks for the tip.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

You’re right Sue...MME Blush. When I saw the reveal of the new kit I bought a full 6x6 pad since you only get half of the pad in the kit. So glad I did.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Great card, Farley.... I got that kit in, too.... and.... I'm not touching it until after Christmas... LOL

I got one for Helen and for my mom-in-law... so I'm thinking it'll be a gift for Peggy and for me from Santa... then we can both play with it after the gift-opening is done.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I didn't make these today, but have been buying some new stamp sets and thought I would share what I did with them. The first one is called "Danielle's swatch kit rectangular half pan palette" by Stampingbella and the second is "La Femme aux papillons" by ArtStamp/Carabelle Studio. I can use that one on my Painted Lady butterfly page when I get to it.
card 1.jpg
card 1.jpg (57.08 KiB) Viewed 522 times
card 2.jpg
card 2.jpg (88.39 KiB) Viewed 522 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Love that palette stamp Sue. I'm not into figures/dolls so don't pay a lot of attention to Stamping Bella, but I might have to consider that stamp. Nice cards!
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

That palette is a very cool stamp... nice to find stamps that talk about our craft!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I got some card-making in today too... yay!!!
played with some new stamps and dies ... had a lot of fun!

I've posted a couple others in the October Holiday Stamp challenge.... critters!! :-)
Attachments
card E.jpg
card E.jpg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 514 times
card D.jpg
card D.jpg (45.9 KiB) Viewed 514 times
card C.jpg
card C.jpg (47.48 KiB) Viewed 514 times
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am still in the throes of card making. It took me forever to make my first one. The next few will have to be much simpler.

Will post later when I have taken some photographs. The ones posted so far are very nice. I love that palette. That's something I would've never bought but I really like the way it looks.
nancine

Post by nancine »

At Stamp Nation they are celebrating WCMD by traveling around the world, with different challenges at each stop. I've done Canada (a scenic card), Australia (Great Barrier Reef inspired) and Rome which was something old. Old stamp from your stash or stamp that was vintage looking or something. I found this old fresco stamp from Toybox marked 2003!!
Attachments
WCMDscene.JPG
WCMDscene.JPG (226.95 KiB) Viewed 507 times
WCMDmermaid.JPG
WCMDmermaid.JPG (202.55 KiB) Viewed 507 times
WCMDrome.JPG
WCMDrome.JPG (232.17 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

This non-cardmaker is quite satisfied with just having made one card today. This was a technique I wanted to try: Brusho background, gold embossed images with the colour lifted out with bleach, and then coloured in with markers. I think I need to practice some more. I'm also giving a nod to the Autumn Challenge #3 mood board with the colour palette and leaf images; the background is more turquoise IRL. I hope you naturalists will forgive my choice of oak leaf stamp; I know acorns come from red oaks which have leaves with pointed tips, but this was the only oak leaf stamp I had that was the right scale.
Attachments
DSCN4534_r.jpg
DSCN4534_r.jpg (162.2 KiB) Viewed 507 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Actually acorns come from a variety of different oaks, and not all have the serrated leaves. I have some Black Oaks that we planted years ago that have the rounded edge and they make huge acorns. The goats across the street used to break out regularly and come to my house to eat them. :lol: We also have white oaks and pin oaks and red oaks and scrub oaks and.... Judging from bark and leaf shape there are about 7 different strains on our property, and lots of acorns underfoot for the wildlife.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I realize I should be making cards and not surfing the Internet but I must comment that these cards are all fabulous. Great job, girls. Nancy, you know I love the mermaid. And Keitha, I am so ignorant I didn't notice that your acorn did not come from the same tree as those leaves. It all ends up on the ground mixed up anyway, right?