Life Changing!!

Save some $ Find out what works
mpizzazz

Life Changing!!

Post by mpizzazz »

I know I'm late to this party-as always-I've got to wait a few years until I'm sure it's worth spending my money on some new gadget.

My Tim's Stamp Platform arrived yesterday and now, I LOVE stamping again!. :cool5: :greenbounce: :cool5: :greenbounce:

I have bought a lot of bold stamps over the years, apparently, I must like them. Now I can stamp them and they look great!
And, in case I'm not the last person on the planet to get one of these, I bought it at OfficeSupply.com for $28 and it's 8 x 10". :cool5:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Life Changing!!

Post by pamcook »

That's wonderful! What a great price.

Let's see what you're making!
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

:cool5: That is fantastic news Marianne!

I think it's so great for bold stamps.
And, for me getting a sentiment placed straight :lol:
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes and yes and yes.

The ability to stamp a sentiment several times until it is very bold and black really tickles me.

Also, getting that multi colored look on a stamped image is soooo easy.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Since I have been living under a rock lately (from a crafting perspective), I'm going to go check this out! I've loved collecting stamps over the years, but I'm definitely not a stamper. My ability to get a good result leaves much to be desired. Doesn't mean I want to get rid of my stamps, but a tool that would give a better outcome might need to be part of my collection too!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

That looks great, very strong and versatile. It certainly beats my home-made CD case padded out with squares of card from a cereal packet! (Although that works OK too!)
Kathryn.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I may have to cave and get that bigger model... I've got the mini Misti cuz that's all I could afford... and I do like it ... it's great for getting a good impression and for repetitive designs... but I want to stamp on bigger things.... $28 for that bigger one would be great!!

I'm not finding it at officesupplies.com though.... maybe they're sold out already :-(
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Fantastic Marianne and what a super price! I too resisted the MISTI and others that eventually came out. But now I have the WRMK and the Hampton Arts versions and LOVE both of them. But since they are smaller...hmmmm.

This type of tool really does insure that you're going to get a well-stamped image whether it's a bold one or a finer, high-density style. I reach for this tool now before I go to my acrylic handles for sure. Guess I'll have to check Tim's out. I hear nothing but great things about it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

nchoney wrote:I may have to cave and get that bigger model... I've got the mini Misti cuz that's all I could afford... and I do like it ... it's great for getting a good impression and for repetitive designs... but I want to stamp on bigger things.... $28 for that bigger one would be great!!

I'm not finding it at officesupplies.com though.... maybe they're sold out already :-(
The website is officesupply.com yes, it does say it is sold out. They call it Tim Holtz Stamp Platform; otherwise it is hard to find on their website.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I never could find it on their website - and I was stunned to see how many of Tim's products they offer for sale. Who would have thought?

I did just find one on Etsy for 27.95 and with shipping, still cheaper than scrapbook.com/.

I jumped right on that bandwagon, didn't I?
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

OK, so I went and watched some videos, and now I have another question. I have my fair share of unmounted rubber from Club Scrap, and a few clear stamps. But I have very few foam stamps (like maybe two TH holiday packs), and the rest are all wood mounted. And if I'm being completely honest, on the rare event that I do stamp, my go-to all-time favorites are those WMs.

So, might it be time for an epic unmounting project? And then, for those of you who have done that, do you do anything special to get the image on the back of the stamp so you can make sure it's lined up correctly?

I think that part of why the WMs are the ones I come back to more often is the ability to get a good clean image, but they can be a challenge to line up just right. So I'm left wondering if unmounting them and using this tool for all of my stamps would be worth the effort?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO