Pick a Card, Any Card

Debbie J

Re: Pick a Card, Any Card

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Jen and I love the colors of that kit. You killed it, literally! :tomato:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You did such a great job with this challenge! The layouts are so pretty!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I always loved that kind of kit, too.... the generic ones with gorgeous papers and colors... but non-specific artwork so ANYTHING would work well on the layouts. I struggle with the papers that are more specific - because I'm just too literal. :-)

Your layouts are terrific!! Thanks for sharing!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

It's the 4 of Spades this month. I made this layout with the National Parks kit, original or remix. I can't remember which. Journal card from Ali Edwards. Dies from various sources. Photos taken in 1976 when I obviously had a serious case of Horizontalitis. Glad I recovered without too much damage. The Bike ride was through Folsom, CA, when it was a sleepy little place outside Sacramento. It has grown considerably since then. I'm happy I have old photos to demonstrate that growth. Although I almost wish it hadn't grown. Of course, I also wish hubby and I hadn't changed quite so much. HA HA HA

Made this yesterday in Dixon with LucyG. Being lazy, I was going to skip my planned idea of fussy cutting those letters out of the paper. Lucy shamed me into doing it and I certainly am happy that she did. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
CSMonthlyChallenge May.jpg
CSMonthlyChallenge May.jpg (208.65 KiB) Viewed 256 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great pictures! The layout is really nice.

We visited Folsom Lake in 89 or 90 - during a prolonged drought. There was precious little lake! I need to find those pictures!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Seems we're always having a prolonged drought, doesn't it? Although our son's girlfriend was out kayaking on the Mokelumne River area yesterday and the dam area was restricted because of "too much water." Will someone please inform Governor Moonbeam?

Thanks for the comments on the layout.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

This month we are using the Jack of Diamonds. I wanted to post this in one of Pam's summer challenges because I think of foofy drinks when I think of summer. But it didn't really match any of the challenges. Mallory's 29th birthday this year in Scottsdale where it's almost always summer. So it works for me. Club Scrap Paradise kit and dies from Recollections. Cut like buttah, by the way.
Attachments
PAO JackDiamondsParadise.jpg
PAO JackDiamondsParadise.jpg (222.33 KiB) Viewed 236 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

How fun and you could put it in the first challenge. Those drinks sure say summer to me!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okey dokey! That's what I was thinking. But it was April so I felt I'd be stretching it a bit.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

A very happy and summery LO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Very nice summery layout Jen! I think it also fits challenge #4 - 'the livin' is easy'. So now you have to choose, LOL.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I also used the Jack of Diamonds to make some cards. These are a few I turned into birthday cards. The rest are in the June Card Sketch challenge.
Attachments
JackDiamonds Bday.jpg
JackDiamonds Bday.jpg (229.24 KiB) Viewed 212 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

5 of Clubs for PSL. Art media. I used about a bucket of Heidi Shine on this layout. LOVE that stuff. Bought a bottle about a year ago and I don't think I had used it yet. I'll need to buy it by the gallon. I don't recall the name of this kit. I think it was a Special Edition????
Attachments
spin art psl.jpg
spin art psl.jpg (197.25 KiB) Viewed 179 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Great LO and I love the title.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Heidi Shine makes everything better. :lol:
Very pretty layout (very pretty girl!). I remember the kit but not the name.
Pam Cook #48