Don't Get Around Much Anymore

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Don't Get Around Much Anymore

Post by pbp908 »

Old song lyric, but true!

I haven't dropped off of the edge of the world. March was a hard month and April doesn't look promising, either.

Our sweet M&M started showing some alarming symptoms last month, so we began a non-ending round of vet visits. It ended with her having major surgery to remove part of her small intestines, and then we lost her. It was malignant lymphoma and had spread so far that there was nothing that could be done. Even the vets and techs cried when we lost her - she was a favorite of everyone.

One week before she died, Rocky (TJ's Staffie) was hit by a car in front of our house. He was taken to the vet immediately but there was too much internal damage. The SOB that hit him never stopped. George is petitioning to get the speed limit dropped on our road - a dead end residential road, I might add. There should be no excuse for this ever happening.

March was crunch time for budget submission, and in the middle of that we had a visit from the funding source, so it was meeting after meeting when I needed to be working. I made the deadline (March 30) with only hours to spare.

This week I finally succumbed to the flu. Yeah me. It's kicked my rear and I haven't had a good night's sleep because of the coughing. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

So, I miss you all and I have checked in sporadically to see what everyone is up to, but just haven't been up to contributing. Today I decided to live so hopefully have turned a corner and will be feeling a little more creative.

Hope your spring is going better than mine! "See" you all soon.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nancine

Re: Don't Get Around Much Anymore

Post by nancine »

Oh Pam, what a month + you have been having. I'm so sorry for you fur baby losses, that's really hard on a family and those damn hit & run drivers :angry37:

Glad you are on the mend, I had one unproductive crummy week with a horrible head cold last mont - it sure puts a crimp on your style and is such a set back being sick!

Congrats on completing your budget, now does this mean you get to retire??
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Oh no! Pam, I'm so sorry for your fur baby losses last month. Sounds like we're all happy to wave good bye to March this year.

Big hugs for you and yours, I will squeeze the Pepper a little tighter for awhile. :happy94:
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Sorry for your losses

Hope you feel better
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:happy94:
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Pam, so sorry for your losses. Sending hugs your way.
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Pam,

I am so sorry you lost your babies. It is so hard. It is rough when everything closes in at once. I hope you feel much better soon.

I have a retirement story you will appreciate. I told the Board at the Sept '16 Board meeting I was retiring the end of October 2017. I told the staff in January. At the March board meeting I gave the Board my suggested advertisement for my job and a complete timeline for posting, interviewing, choosing, etc. We discuss it for at least 30 minutes. At the end one of them turned to me and said, "But if we don't find anyone you will just stay, right?" Uh, no. I have no idea what they are thinking.

Hang in there. There are better days ahead.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I've been thinking about you and wondering where you were and was afraid that bad things were going on. I'm sorry I was right about the bad news.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

March really kicked you, Pam! :happy94: Sorry for the loss of your fur babies. Why the hell people can't slow down and be more aware of their surroundings baffles me, and it is so painful for the families who lose their pets. My fur baby sends purrs and kitty cuddles to you (she's on my table between me and the laptop at the moment).
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Your sorry for your dog losses, I know all to well! They mean the world to us.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

So sorry for all of your losses and illnesses Pam. I hope life is kinder to you very soon. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh no Pam! I am so very sorry about your double loss of pups. That is so hard. Sorry too that you are so down with that nasty bug. I have no doubt the stress you've been under with your job and events last month is keeping you from a quicker recovery. I hope from here on out that you have smooth sailing and you kick that bug to the curb.

Thanks for letting us know what has been happening.

FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Big hugs Pam. What an awful month. Hope they follow through on the speed limit reduction.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Thank you all. I'm slowly recovering. I actually put clean sheets on my bed yesterday AND took a shower. :lol: That's a definite turn for the better as the shower is the only thing I've been managing.

I'm supposed to start my vacation tomorrow morning. After burning 48 hours of leave for this crud, I hate to use it, but I'm still not tip top. We may spend a few days at the lake if I can regain some stamina, especially since I have to do all of the driving. Good news is that I've lost a few pounds! There's always a bright side.

I will be back! There are photos on my work table that I feel the need to scrap. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Scrapping is therapeutic, for sure!! :happy94:
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com