Recycling or

mpizzazz

Recycling or

Post by mpizzazz »

....why I wanted a Bind-it-all. During our ongoing decluttering of the house, I asked Ray to save any paper printed on only one side that he didn't want. Then he had 3 small notebooks that were full. They had sturdy covers and strong wire spiral bindings. I opened the wire spiral carefully and got rid of all the pages. I cut the covers down to fit 5.5 x 8.5" paper and covered the covers with an old map of France we were also discarding. I punched a zillion holes in the pages over the last few weeks with the BIA and put them all back together last night. Since they all look alike I stamped them with numbers so he knows which is which.

So the entire books are recycled and there is big stack of paper left to make about 6 more.
I had made tablets for him before but only used thin cardboard and CS paper for the covers. They were too floppy. These are much better.
Attachments
P1140439.JPG
P1140439.JPG (185.78 KiB) Viewed 446 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Re: Recycling or

Post by jmp1022 »

What a great way to make notebooks. Neat for travel.
I love my bind it all. I made so many books for the grands.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

And all is answered, LOL. I'm sure Ray will find these very handy!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nice Marianne! Brilliant idea.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful job on those Marianne. I enjoy using the BIA also. I had made a journal to be used on our trip to "Hawaii" that now we are not taking. Don't know where or if we will go away this year or not.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

These are terribly cool and your determination and time used to do all that work is applauded! Love the big numbers on them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Love these! I have a BIA and I don't use it that often, but I do love having it when the urge strikes to make a book. I think recycling old covers is brilliant. But yeah, making a sizable book with blank pages would be a multi-day effort for me. It would be lovely if they punched more than 4 holes at a time, or could do more than about 4 sheets of paper at a time. Something like that would probably have to be powered though, and would quickly become cost prohibitive.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jfugina wrote:Love these! I have a BIA and I don't use it that often, but I do love having it when the urge strikes to make a book. I think recycling old covers is brilliant. But yeah, making a sizable book with blank pages would be a multi-day effort for me. It would be lovely if they punched more than 4 holes at a time, or could do more than about 4 sheets of paper at a time. Something like that would probably have to be powered though, and would quickly become cost prohibitive.
I wouldn't normally have done so many holes but I was reusing the covers and the wires. Mine punches 6 holes at a time, so it was 3 passes through the BIA, I did about 6 sheets at a time mostly when I wanted something mindless to do in the evening. It wasn't a huge chore to do but I would like to figure out a way to clamp the BIA to the table.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I get excited about making something out of nothing.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com