I am miserable & I am blaming everyone at the DD weekend

Trixie

I am miserable & I am blaming everyone at the DD weekend

Post by Trixie »

Last weekend was so much fun. It was motivating and exciting, but at the same time relaxing and thought provoking. Now I am back at work where people are either crazy or never matured beyond middle school. I have spent the last two nights at home reading a book for a library book discussion group (i.e. no time to create). I am going through the motions, but my mind is back in Huntersville. I get these random thoughts like, "What if I used an onion bag on the gelli plate for texture?" or "Last weekend made me realize I gravitate towards using lighter colors in my work, but I was really attracted to the cobalt blue and royal purple that some of the other women use." These are not bad thoughts, but I was in the middle of a Library Board meeting at the time!!!

Of course, I made a few purchases last weekend and I now have some punchinello to play with (thanks Christy!). A blank canvas from Michael's. All I want to do is be either back in Huntersville with you all or, at the very least, at home with time to experiment. Is sleep really necessary? Do I really need to work? It is torture, I tell you!!!

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Debbie J

Re: I am miserable & I am blaming everyone at the DD weekend

Post by Debbie J »

Trixie wrote:Last weekend was so much fun. It was motivating and exciting, but at the same time relaxing and thought provoking. Now I am back at work where people are either crazy or never matured beyond middle school. I have spent the last two nights at home reading a book for a library book discussion group (i.e. no time to create). I am going through the motions, but my mind is back in Huntersville. I get these random thoughts like, "What if I used an onion bag on the gelli plate for texture?" or "Last weekend made me realize I gravitate towards using lighter colors in my work, but I was really attracted to the cobalt blue and royal purple that some of the other women use." These are not bad thoughts, but I was in the middle of a Library Board meeting at the time!!!

Of course, I made a few purchases last weekend and I now have some punchinello to play with (thanks Christy!). A blank canvas from Michael's. All I want to do is be either back in Huntersville with you all or, at the very least, at home with time to experiment. Is sleep really necessary? Do I really need to work? It is torture, I tell you!!!

Judy

Oh--oh, you are hooked!!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

p.s listen to that book with your ear phones and be crafty at the same time. I do that all the time.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, poor Judy! :( All the more reason you need to carve out time in the evenings for a little play. Set a certain amount of time 2 or 3 nights a week right after dinner before you get into what you think you should do.
I'm with Deb :greenbounce: Choose books for the groups that you can get an audio version so you can play and read at the same time. Seriously, you NEED that play time!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

me too Judy
I purchased more stuff on Sun before we left
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

The next one is Hunger Games and I already have it downloaded! This one just wasn't available as an audiobook.

And you are right, I am completely hooked! :-)
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not even going to tell you how many times I have gone to bed and jumped back up again because I get an idea.
Everything I do I tend to have a thousand thoughts running through my head at the same time. My brain never stops. The kids will be talking and I'm like WAIT, I need to go do something quick, or look for something, etc.
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Just the idea that some of you took your creations home and FINISHED them... You added to them. On your own. With your own ideas. That just blew my mind. I am such a "follow the directions exactly" type of person. I have seen the weekend projects that have been posted and I can see the extras that have been added or the twists on what Donna suggested we do. It has just opened my thinking so much. I could actually go back and do things to "completed" art journal pages just because I have thought of something new to add. My mind is racing.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

You're hooked! :happywave: :happywave: :happywave:

I'm like Christy. Sometimes my brain won't turn off. I've gotten up to do a project before I forget it. I've even dreamed projects! I couldn't even go on my cruise without taking some art supplies.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Judy what you need is -RETIRE!!!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO