New tricks to amaze your friends
Luanne

Dremel DVD

Post by Luanne »

Ip, you say you watched it... how is it? I havent had time yet
neith

Re: Dremel DVD

Post by neith »

i got mine, but haven't watched it... i'm waiting for my torchwood dvd rentals to arrive from blockbuster and the dvr is across the room (yeah still stuck in bed in pain) i am bummed that there's no list of the projects that you can see before loading it in the player! but gosh it says there are so many on it!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I watched it all, but I drifted off to sleep a few times--I don't get much "me time" in front of the TV, and everyone else cleared out when I shouted "my Dremel DVD is here, my Dremel DVD is here--wanna watch it with me?" (I'll have to remember that the next time I want the TV to myself, heh heh heh!)

The Dremel people mentioned the toll-free number so many times that I wanted to SCREAM! The main use of the DVD is to know which bits to use for what kind of work, and the difference between all the different models they sell. The most interesting thing I saw was carving pumpkins with it. :shock:
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Cool! I have one of those gazillion bits kits, and only use a rill bit in the drill press, lol
Cyndy

Post by Cyndy »

What do you all do with dremels?
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

lose it in the garage?
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

hahaha!

drill holes in little things... I don't use it for a fraction of a fraction of what it is capable of.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

InkPattie wrote:I watched it all, but I drifted off to sleep a few times--I don't get much "me time" in front of the TV, and everyone else cleared out when I shouted "my Dremel DVD is here, my Dremel DVD is here--wanna watch it with me?" (I'll have to remember that the next time I want the TV to myself, heh heh heh!)

:

can i borrow it? Maybe then I would get a tv to myself
Tiggywinkle

Post by Tiggywinkle »

I wanted my Dremel to drill small holes, mostly, although I have some idea there are other things that could be done with it. Unfortunately, before I could even buy the little drill bits that I needed, my oldest son discovered it, and "borrowed" it a couple of times. At first he brought it back when he was done, but then it just sort of...disappeared into the heaps of goodness-knows-what in his work space! If I ask very nicely, do you think he'll give it back? :?
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

I've used my Dremel to sharpen the lawnmower blade, cut a plastic box' dividers out to make the sections larger, hack off frozen bolts in a broken toilet and to cut the drive chain on a motorcycle to adjust it tighter. I've used it to scrape rust off something (but I don't remember what) and to remove corrosion on a battery terminal in my truck. I don't think I've ever used it to drill a hole.
Paula

Post by Paula »

LadyJane, you are certainly a busy girl :clap: :clap:

Paula
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

We use the sanding barrels quite a bit. They get into curved spots well. They also do a great job on dog toenails. Even if you don't want to do the whole job, it will take those sharp, rough corners off after you clip the nail. It works better than the fancy, expensive one on TV made just for nails. One of the best investments I made for DH's was the flexible shaft. It is around 3 feet long. That allows you to hang the Dremel itself on something and just hold the end of the shaft which holds the bit. It is MUCH lighter, gives more control, less vibration, and if you are working on a pet it keeps the noise farther away.

I would be interested in viewing the DVD to learn more and better ways to use it. Where did you get it?
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

I watched parts of the DVD, but didn't find it too helpful--it was mostly practical things I wouldn't use it for... I did use the sanding disk to round off the edges of a chunky ATC, and did some sanding on the sides as well. I also used it to do a little carving on the side--that was not as successful as I'd have liked it to be--the grain of the wood was hard to overcome. I plan to play some more when i have time...