Creative Chemistry Day 7

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Re: Creative Chemistry Day 7

Post by Monica »

If you mix the Distress EP with regular EP you would lose some of the effects of the release crystals and have a funky mix of shiny EP and dull/shabby EP.... which might actually look cool. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Has anyone actually noticed a big difference when you rub off the release crystals? I think it's just a gimmick that Ranger came up with to try and be different. I've never noticed much difference and I've followed tim's directions numerous times. But I do like the dull and rough finish.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

mpizzazz wrote:Has anyone actually noticed a big difference when you rub off the release crystals? I think it's just a gimmick that Ranger came up with to try and be different. I've never noticed much difference and I've followed tim's directions numerous times. But I do like the dull and rough finish.
I haven't really noticed that much of a difference either, but I do like the effect you get with the distress powders. You just have to realize that they're a totally different product than regular embossing powders.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

on the tag with the red winds
I mixed 2 embossing powder
one red and one gold
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Got to play with embossing powder today! Yeah! Really enjoyed all the techniques, especially that distress powder one. Love the texture you get with that.
Attachments
Nostaligic Batik.jpg
Nostaligic Batik.jpg (58.44 KiB) Viewed 827 times
RustedEnamel.jpg
RustedEnamel.jpg (69.52 KiB) Viewed 827 times
Distress Embossing Powder.jpg
Distress Embossing Powder.jpg (55.08 KiB) Viewed 827 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great tags! My favorite is the bottom one... I need to get those stamps out and play with them again!!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love the texture of the distress powders, too.
Embossing is something I rarely bother with. Too bad because I do love the effects you get with it.

Beautiful Rachelle - and everyone. I have not kept up with congratulating everyone on their art work. It really is very nice!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those are NICE! What is that stamp at the bottom with the fleur de lys? That looks great. I do like the dull and rough texture of the distress powders better than shiny. I'm not a shiny person. I just think the release crystals thing is not impressive.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

mpizzazz wrote:Those are NICE! What is that stamp at the bottom with the fleur de lys? That looks great. I do like the dull and rough texture of the distress powders better than shiny. I'm not a shiny person. I just think the release crystals thing is not impressive.
Thanks, Marianne! It's from Club Scrap--Dashing; I think it was the psl prize last year. It's a um sheet, I think it's a mix of Haberdashery and Interior Design?
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

cool effects
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

azemigh wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Those are NICE! What is that stamp at the bottom with the fleur de lys? That looks great. I do like the dull and rough texture of the distress powders better than shiny. I'm not a shiny person. I just think the release crystals thing is not impressive.
Thanks, Marianne! It's from Club Scrap--Dashing; I think it was the psl prize last year. It's a um sheet, I think it's a mix of Haberdashery and Interior Design?
Haberdashery and Workbench. ;) Love those stamps!!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Monica wrote:
azemigh wrote:
Haberdashery and Workbench. ;) Love those stamps!!
Thanks Monica! I knew it wasn't ID, just couldn't think of Workbench.