Creative Chemisty

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
troublesmom

Creative Chemisty

Post by troublesmom »

Okay you all know I'm really not into Tim much and not much of a mixed media artist. Would I really be able to use the stuff in cards/scrapbooking? I am liking the looks of the tags and Monica is such an enabler.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Kellacious

Re: Creative Chemisty

Post by Kellacious »

Cheryl,

I'm trading with another CSer to get this class. I was on the lucky SB team for PSL that won most weeks and I have a large CS gift certificate coming my way. Not that I wouldn't love to buy more stuff, but I've got enough craft/art stuff that I need to make use of it, so I'm swapping CS gift certificate for TH class.

I figure this will allow me to be creative with my stash without totally triggering my 'Buy, buy!' impulse . . .

Kelli
Monica

Post by Monica »

Moi? An enabler?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Come over to the Dark Side.... :vader: We have inky fingers!!

Cheryl, the reason this class is called Creative Chemistry is because it is all about exploring the chemistry of products such as inks and paints, and Tim encourages you to experiment with what you currently own. He only uses Ranger products, but does say that trying the techniques with what you own will yield great results too. The only exception to this will be the unique properties that make Distress what it is and are only in that particular line of products. It's all about educating yourself on the products you own... and if you choose to buy more there are always companies willing to take your $$. ;) You can sign up @ any time for the classes, so if you wantto think about it for another month or three, then by all means do so. You will be losing the option to have Tim directly answer questoins on the daily forums there, but you can always email him and ask questions.

Now why would you say I'm an enabler???? :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :enabler:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Post by Monica »

Since I'm being accused of enabling, I'll add that you can order some great stuff from Cheryl Mixon @ mixonmatch.com if you need some Ranger stuff to play with...... ;)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Cheryl, do you have a lot of Ranger products, do you like to 'play' with inks and paints, get messy and be willing to improvise and experiment. Some people don't like to do that so the class wouldn't be for them. If you do like to do this sort of play with your supplies then I think you would enjoy it. I don't remember if you get the TJ newsletters but this would be similar to that only with Tim there on the videos teaching. But really, only you can answer the question for yourself.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Like Pam P, I'm enjoying the "why" part of the classes. He explains why this product will (or won't)work in different ways and then demonstrates how to use the products. If you enjoy the videos on his blog, I'm sure you would enjoy these classes.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I order all my Glimmer Mist from Cheryl. We are good buddies from an old PSL.
Monica wrote:Since I'm being accused of enabling, I'll add that you can order some great stuff from Cheryl Mixon @ mixonmatch.com if you need some Ranger stuff to play with...... ;)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne I don't mind getting messy, I have a few Ranger products the improvising and experimenting is my big problem. I also can't draw at all. I have dabbled at the AJ thing but just can't get comfortable with it. I love seeing what you all do with them and I love seeing how good you all do.
mpizzazz wrote:Cheryl, do you have a lot of Ranger products, do you like to 'play' with inks and paints, get messy and be willing to improvise and experiment. Some people don't like to do that so the class wouldn't be for them. If you do like to do this sort of play with your supplies then I think you would enjoy it. I don't remember if you get the TJ newsletters but this would be similar to that only with Tim there on the videos teaching. But really, only you can answer the question for yourself.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Cheryl, no drawing involved. I cannot draw at all... well, okay, I could do a stick figure but that's it!! Marianne is right that you should decide if you would enjoy the inky, messy class experience. I can tell you that I feel it's the best $$ I've paid for crafting and I have certainly gotten more than my money's worth out of it. If you are enjoying our samples and are itching to create your own versions, then go for it. Otherwise, just ignore the crazy lady in the corner enabling everyone who passes by..... ;)
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Got my 12 Dylusions from Cheryl M. today!! Oh, they look so yummy!!!!

On another note, has anyone been following the thread through the yahoo group "all things tim"?

Holy cow! One lady posted in her subject line "is anyone else disappointed" and then in the body, said "that there was only one tag on the last day".... and alot of people ripped into her comment, including Mario.... so sad, I felt bad for her, that no one continued reading on that she just wanted to see more than one tag, that she loved the class, but wanted more... I understood her, but some people just take things to the extreme... WOW!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Theresa, I think the general consensus was that everyone had gotten tremendous value from the class without there being 2 more tags and techniques on the last day. If she had said she was sad it was over that is one thing but using the word 'disappointed' sounded more critical and negative. But it's interesting because a lot of the other people on ATT sound sometimes like whatever Tim does, it isn't enough, they always want more. No doubt that could be taken as a compliment but it must get old for Tim and his team.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com