2011/2012--THEMED CARD SWAP--MASTER LIST

azemigh

2011/2012--THEMED CARD SWAP--MASTER LIST

Post by azemigh »

This year we're going to shake things up a bit, girls! I've been perusing the list of both new and old ideas for themes and have come up with a fun and funky list of themes--all based on song lyrics.

I'm also going to add some challenges along the way, in the form of inspirational sketches, photos or artwork.

And away we go:

January '11--Seasons in the Sun (you choose the seasonal theme you would like to do; can be 4 different cards such as: Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving or all the same) completed
February '11--The Fabric of our Lives (include fabric somewhere on your card front; great time to use those muslin strips we just swapped) completed
March '11--Macho, Macho Man (masculine themed birthday cards)completed
April '11--Flower Child ( feature a flower somewhere on the front of your card) completed
May '11--Emboss Me Up (either wet or dry embossing should be the focal point of your cards)completed
June '11 through September '11--Summer Break (enjoy doing some other projects)
October '11--Shoot for the Moon, Land on the Stars (these cards will have a celestial theme) completed
November '11--Under the Sea (these cards should feature something from the sea as a focal point)completed
January '12--Misty, Watercolor Memories (use some kind of watercolor technique on the card fronts)
February '12--Got Brass in Pocket ( a pocket should be somewhere on the front of your card; brass is optional)
March '12--I Dream in Color (back by popular demand--this is your monochromatic themed month)
April '12--Puttin' on the Glitz (these cards should feature glimmer mist, glitter, shimmerz, pearl ex or perfect pearls, etc.)
May '12--Free Fallin' (your choice this month; anything goes)

I will post a separate thread for each theme at the beginning of the month with details and some inspiration. There is no need to sign up, just post in the thread when you have sent the cards so I can get a count.

General rules: This is a 4 for 4 card swap (only include envelopes if your cards are not a standard size--this might cut down on weight and shipping costs and I think we all have standard size envelopes.)

They need to arrive in my hands on the 28th of the month unless I post otherwise. My address is in the address thread or you can pm. Also, note that this year my address will change for several months beginning in June. It will also be in the address thread and I will remind everyone when the time comes.

Hope we get lots of participation this year and that you enjoy my trip down the music memory lane.
djenns

Re: 2011--THEMED CARD SWAP--MASTER LIST

Post by djenns »

These all look pretty interesting......and fun. some will be a challenge for me, but I'm starting to get "into" these swaps :)
Diana
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sound great Rachelle. I do hope to participate some in this swap next year.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Sounds like fun. I am hoping to get the leaves cards done this week and will and will let you know if I do.
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I hope to be able to participate this year. Looking forward to these and as Diana said some will be challenging.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

It looks like some fun challenges.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Nice!! These should be fun :cool5: :cool5:
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Great list!!! You did a fabulous job putting this together for us! :happywave:
nancine

Post by nancine »

great ideas - you put a lot of thought into all the music :clap:
I printed out the whole thing and will put it on my bulletin board, so I can work ahead if so inclined!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Ditto what they all said. You did a great job planning this. :clap:
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I haven't played in this swap before, and there are a few songs in there that I don't have a clue about - but - the techniques I understand. I love the variety you've got. I'll try to play along in this.
azemigh

Re: 2011/2012--THEMED CARD SWAP--MASTER LIST

Post by azemigh »

Updated to reflect the Summer Break. I have pushed the themes forward and will see if I can come up with a few more to fill out 2012.
azemigh

Re: 2011/2012--THEMED CARD SWAP--MASTER LIST

Post by azemigh »

I completely forgot about this for December due to my grandma's passing. I think we are all busy enough this month so I'll wait to post the next theme in January.

We had no players except for me in October and November, so I have decided to finish out the themes I have listed through May of 2012 and if the interest doesn't pick up the themed swap will end with that month.