YouTube scrappers

Keitha

YouTube scrappers

Post by Keitha »

Some of you have mentioned Audrey Yeager so I've now watched a couple of her scrappy videos. I'm quite enjoying her pages - although truthfully my style isn't anything similar. But I'm hoping that just watching will goad me into doing a layout; I'm wasting all kinds of time right now that I could be scrapping, and it makes me mad that I can't settle into anything productive.

Here's a question: do you tend to just watch on YT the scrappers who have a similar page style to your own, or do you watch those who's styles are out of the box for you? And if the latter, are you able to get direct inspiration from their pages - copying in whole or in part what they do - and how do you integrate that into your own process?
pamcook

Re: YouTube scrappers

Post by pamcook »

Yes.

How's that for an answer? Some I watch just because they amaze me. Some are more similar to what I enjoy doing for my own pages. Sometimes I'll even attempt an "out of the box" layout just because I want to see if I can do it. Some just make me laugh. Even with those I know I would never do, I almost always learn something.

Is that even helpful?
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I don't think I've found anyone who does "my style" except at Club Scrap. But I do enjoy watching the one tiny photo gala for ideas and inspiration. Mostly I enjoy seeing how they use cut files because I'm trying to make that "my style."
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I always smirk or giggle also when they talk about how they just can't Scrap two photos or anything that is larger than the equivalent size of a postage stamp.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I try to use them for inspiration to get me out of my rut. They're also great for finding new things, because you know we need more!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

I just use them for inspiration too. Although Pinterest works just as well do me.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Sometimes I like to watch them just to see what is new out there. Not that I buy the "newest" right away. But it's fun to see new things and how they are used.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

fuzzylover wrote:Sometimes I like to watch them just to see what is new out there. Not that I buy the "newest" right away. But it's fun to see new things and how they are used.
That's a good point Barbara - it's a great way to see new products in action.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Sadly, we had to block all video/streaming sites at our router at home, because we have two kids who treat all electronic devices like crack, and are incapable of doing anything else while there are still videos that they haven't seen.

However, when I did have access, I tended to look for "how to" kinds of things, and never really found anything that's close to "my style". My style tends to be very basic, and geometric, and people who do the videos I've found tend to be more free-form and artistic. And when I attempt to do something similar, it's a disaster. I need an exact recipe, or a full set of blueprints, or something that doesn't leave much to the imagination. I am generally much happier when I find videos with exact instructions rather than a "dash of this and a dash of that, and it will all be great". I do stumble across the occasional technique video that I want to try, but I haven't found anything layout related that appeals to me.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I like to watch a variety of things.... some for ideas for using products and others for techniques for using things I already own... and some just because I enjoy watching a certain person's videos... or I just want to see what folks are doing out there! :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com