So much fun this weekend

jfugina

So much fun this weekend

Post by jfugina »

This weekend I was taken back to a time when I was absolutely OBSESSED with paper crafting, and I loved every minute of it. I could argue that I should have gone to zumba instead of skipping all weekend, and with the weather being so perfect, I should have been out walking or riding a bike. But I spent almost the ENTIRE weekend cooped up inside, playing with paper. Aside from running a few errands, and taking care of a bit of housekeeping, I was in my craft room all weekend. My results this weekend were:

8 cards (5 tri-fold, and 3 other flip-fold bases)
13 scrapbook pages
I used a ton of pieces from the scrap box
I used the crap out of my sizzix big kick, having re-discovered some dies I forgot I had
I discovered that my new Cricut slices through heavy cardstock like butter, and used it for titles
I gave my 6x6 paper pads a workout, and have gotten pretty comfortable using them in place of 12x12 patterned paper.

In all of the above, I used 15 full pieces of 12x12 paper/cardstock (mostly for the layout bases), and 2 full 8.5x11 pieces, and everything else was either 6x6 or scrap. I had so much fun this weekend I can hardly stand it. I'm hoping so much that this feeling sticks with me, and I don't let the chaos of the school year and organizational changes at work, pull me away. Thanks to everyone who commented on my posts - even though I was having a good time, it's always far more motivating knowing someone else is looking at my accomplishments and cheering me on. :cool5:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ScrappinJen

Re: So much fun this weekend

Post by ScrappinJen »

This is such a heartwarming message. Happy you had a wonderful weekend. And I like everything you have created!!!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

So glad you were able to get so much done
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

So good to hear you were having fun! It's too easy to get caught up in our day to day that we forget to have fun.
:clap:
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

So happy you rediscovered your love of paper crafting.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Isn't it wonderful to get back into the groove! I think you have done a terrific job.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

You have rediscovered your love of paper crafting and come back to "the PAO fold". We are so happy to see you so active here again and sharing your art with us. :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks everyone. :happy94:

I was talking to a friend at work (the one with me in the eclipse layout) and I told her I played with paper and scissors and glue all weekend while she was traveling out of state for her daughter's soccer tournament. She was like "oh fun!", and then I showed her the pics of the layouts I took with my phone and said "See... YOU'RE in my scrapbook too!" And she was like, "OMG - THAT'S what you do?? I wanna do a scrapbook too!" LOL. I doubt she'd ever seen a modern scrapbook before. I showed her another layout with the two of us in Boston, and I think if soccer weren't consuming her entire life, she'd be wanting to come over for a play date. :lol:

She loves soccer to the moon and back though, so I don't think she's looking to start any new hobbies. But she sure was excited to have "made the scrapbook". Heh. She's on our "social team" at work though, and she's going to recommend that we start a card exchange group for anyone wanting to give/receive birthday, work anniversary, holiday, or whatever cards. If there's any interest, then I'll join up and finally start giving away cards on a regular basis. And if it's a hand-delivery, I can make some of them super chunky. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That's wonderful, Julie!

Hope your friend sees the light eventually! :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Julie it is always great to be able to hand deliver cards and make them super chunky! You will have to show some of those creations if you do sign up for it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO