Is It Just Me?

pbp908

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by pbp908 »

I think CS was a great jumping-off place after the CM Nazis. There was no LSS when I started scrapping, and CS' Musical Interlude kit grabbed me. Between CM and CS I did find scrapbook.com, but at the time it was primarily a Mormon scrap site, so the choices were limited. It was the first online site I ever made a purchase from. :lol: Sometimes I think George would be happier if that was the only online purchase I ever made.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote:I'll take the gap for the ease of moving pages. Those darned strap hinges drove me nuttier than I already am and the post binders never laid flat, no matter how many expanders I put into them.
I agree 100% about the ease of moving pages aspect of the 3-ring binders. And the fanning of the post bound was the thing that drove me nuts about those. I just plain hate how those look on a bookshelf.

But your mentioning about how you can't really move stuff around in a strap hinge album made me pause. Now that I think about it, it was probably that very aspect that caused me to be a strictly chronological scrapper. Especially in the days before CM had full background papers that you could adhere to the pages. I used to be far more particular about making sure I had all of my photos printed and sorted by date, mostly to ensure that nothing was discovered later that needed to be inserted into the timeline. With 3-ring binders, it's way easier to insert a page protector and move things around if one would want to insert a layout in between others.

I would never go back to a strap hinge album, even if they became available again. But I really hope the 3 ring binders stay popular. I'll do the post bound if that's the only choice, but it's not my preference.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

I share Julie's opinion about album preference, which is also why I stayed scrapping in the 8.5X11 format for so long. I hated the strap albums, and the post bound to me were always sloppy to handle and wonky on a shelf. That said, I do have several of the post bound CS ones, but the majority are D ring. I love how easy it is to move layouts around, as I long ago gave up scrapping chronologically but each album is either themed or a chrono one. *note to self* Sort through the half dozen albums full of finished pages so that they aren't a mish-mash. :lol:

I loved a lot of the CM papers from years ago, and I still have/use their cutting system, but I never bought into their way of doing things. CS is where I got a solid foundation for scrapping, although I'd been doing it for something like 9-10 years before I actually joined. At around the same time I was involved in the School of Scrap online forum, which helped me broaden my creativity and ignore the 'rules' that the CM nazis were touting.

Most of what I've learned in the last several years has been from all of you here. Which I love. You all are my inspiration!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Okay, I don't know whether to indict everyone here or just Pam P, but I'm blaming this thread specifically with my little shopping binge this afternoon. :tomato: Talk of everything looking the same has had me looking the past few days to see just what's new and perhaps different, and of course I found a few things I liked so placed an order. I guess I should be grateful for all the products that I'm not interested in because of that sameness - or the damage to my credit card could have been much worse, LOL. And not that I need to justify myself here, but I did need to shop for my Secret Sister Santa gift anyway...

I think A Cherry on Top is giving Scrapbook.com a run for their money in terms of selection and I find their website quite easy to navigate. Plus, they are currently offering 20% off everything - including already discounted items (except clearance items) and shipping. If you decide to place an order too and have never ordered from them before, we can both earn 1000 loyalty points (worth $5 off a future order) if you include my Customer ID 37482884 when you place your order.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Well of course I have to look!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO