On a roll...

jfugina

On a roll...

Post by jfugina »

I've been on a major crafting roll, but unfortunately it hasn't been for myself. Yesterday, the girl scout troop 1/2 made 24 pairs of earrings in an hour. I only have one set of round nose pliers, so rather than pass them around while the rest were bored, I had the girls do everything but make loop at the top of the pin, and they had knocked out a lot. It took me about 2 hours to loop and hook everything. We've still got several projects to accomplish, and only three meetings before the craft show, but I think we can manage it.

What all of this has done though, is give me momentum. :cool5: Last weekend, for example, in between organizing supplies and making samples for the craft fair, I organized a bunch of my own stuff. I went through my 2014 layouts to date and got those into albums, and figured out what still needed to be printed and got those sent to Walgreens. I also made two trips to Michaels and a trip to Joann (necessitated by craft fair stuff, but I also shopped for myself). Now today, for the first time in a very very long time, I find myself at work itching to get home and get to work in my craft room. It's been ages since I've felt like that!

I need to be careful not to get overwhelmed when I get down there though. One of my biggest problems is seeing how much there is to do and being overwhelmed with a sense of futility. So today I think I'm going to dedicate some time to daydreaming about what I'm going to do when I get home - maybe I'll find a sketch I love and just make it without any photos. Or maybe I'll organize the latest Basic Grey box I got (and only looked at for about 30 seconds). Maybe I'll pull a bunch of stuff together and try to "kill a kit". Usually once I've done something like that, photos quickly follow. I know I haven't posted any layouts in a while, but hopefully this momentum will keep up and you'll be seeing lots more from me soon. :creating:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO