Need suggestions

Laurie

Need suggestions

Post by Laurie »

Good Morning Ladies,

Since we have moved in the new house I have been scraping away. Enjoying my love for saving memories. I've started with taking all of our 8x10 pictures that I had on a memory wall in the old house. We don't have the room here in the new house to hang all those pictures. All these 8x10 layouts are beginning to look a like.

I need some ideas on these pictures. I was thinking maybe the past meets the present but these pictures have a "round" look.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Attachments
Steven and Chris.jpg
Steven and Chris.jpg (60.43 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
jmp1022

Re: Need suggestions

Post by jmp1022 »

I had a few like that
I just put them on 12X12 paper, then name and date
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Aside from adding the 5Ws, maybe add a personal story and additional photos about the person on the opposite page. And using some of the same papers to tie the two pages together.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Maybe some ephemera from the same era as the pictures? Pictures of school projects or papers reduced in size and make a little collage.
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Great ideas ladies....thank you.
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

This is a great opportunity to record a story about the person that you might not have photos for. Maybe ask Steve if he remembers a story? Joel sometimes surprises me with a story that I had never heard before.
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

pamcook wrote:This is a great opportunity to record a story about the person that you might not have photos for. Maybe ask Steve if he remembers a story? Joel sometimes surprises me with a story that I had never heard before.
Good idea. Pam, can I tear the picture in the oval and ink the edges?
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Laurie wrote:
pamcook wrote:This is a great opportunity to record a story about the person that you might not have photos for. Maybe ask Steve if he remembers a story? Joel sometimes surprises me with a story that I had never heard before.
Good idea. Pam, can I tear the picture in the oval and ink the edges?
You could but I wouldn't. I think you would eventually regret it. Torn inked edges is a trend - just as the oval prints were a trend. I would leave them as is and use photo corners to adhere them to a solid color border. They're formal photos - let them be "formal".

Here's a link to one of Shimelle's video where she scrapbooks a large photo. She has several. I hope it helps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S4thrIuEPI&t=441s
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Those are such nice pictures. I have some like that of my children and was trying to decide to scrap or not. The video was interesting.