Backing Up...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Backing Up...

Post by pbp908 »

... instead of going forward. :lol: I absolutely hate the new desk - it's half the size of what I had in here, and I just can't seem to get organized now. So.... I'm giving Adam the desk, tossing his into the burning pile, and bringing my folding table back in. If something's not broke, then don't try to fix it. ;)

On a happy note - I took all of the pictures down in the living room, had a large one reframed to hang over the piano (Chris and Adam all but destroyed the old frame before I could ever get it hung), still moving things back in and making placement decisions, and totally changing the look of the room. Painting will have to wait until spring as I'm tired of the confusion around here. I'm doing away with dust collectors and feel so much better without all of that in here. Now if I could only convince George that half of the mess in our closet needs to go....

Anyone seen my sewing machine??
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Backing Up...

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:... instead of going forward. :lol: I absolutely hate the new desk - it's half the size of what I had in here, and I just can't seem to get organized now. So.... I'm giving Adam the desk, tossing his into the burning pile, and bringing my folding table back in. If something's not broke, then don't try to fix it. ;)

On a happy note - I took all of the pictures down in the living room, had a large one reframed to hang over the piano (Chris and Adam all but destroyed the old frame before I could ever get it hung), still moving things back in and making placement decisions, and totally changing the look of the room. Painting will have to wait until spring as I'm tired of the confusion around here. I'm doing away with dust collectors and feel so much better without all of that in here. Now if I could only convince George that half of the mess in our closet needs to go....

Anyone seen my sewing machine??
I’m decluttering again. Went through my embellishments tonight. I need to round up some clothes for the thrift store run. It feels good to get rid of stuff, doesn’t it?
I’m glad you have your table back. You gave it a chance. Stupid fairies probably have your sewing machine. Once they’re bored, it’ll show up again.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Remember that gut job I was starting in early January? Well...it stalled a bit. :roll:

But I have been going through each bin of stamps and culling a few here and there and reorganizing them as I go. One patch at a time. My craft table is an old, fully stretched out teak dining table. I’d be lost with anything smaller. But just like one’s purse...the bigger it is, the more you stuff it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

At least it's not just me purging! :lol: Once I finished the flowers I started on the baggies of fibers. And ended up passing along about 2/3 of them to a girlfriend's daughter when all was said and done. Next step, another drawer in that unit.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:At least it's not just me purging! :lol: Once I finished the flowers I started on the baggies of fibers. And ended up passing along about 2/3 of them to a girlfriend's daughter when all was said and done. Next step, another drawer in that unit.

That's it exactly. One drawer at a time.

I have an opportunity to sell craft stuff in April. But I really hate doing that. Maybe I will but I don't like giving up a Saturday to that kind of activity.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I finished reorganizing all my unmounted stamps today, which took awhile as I finally succumbed to the cold going around and didn't have much energy. A definite perk of projects like that is reacquainting myself with what all is there. I'm making pretty good progress here in the Glitter Grotto, one little project at a time.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I need to work some serious magic in my stamp collection/hoard. Lots of CS stamps that I don't want to part with... but maybe some of my older odd-ball stamps can find a new home.

Maybe I can get some time this weekend when Chevie will leave me alone and then I can get some things moved around and sorted.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

:angry48: Adam has decided that he wants to keep the old broken desk that has no drawers. So now it looks like I'm stuck with this stupid tiny little thing.

Back to the drawing board.
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote::angry48: Adam has decided that he wants to keep the old broken desk that has no drawers. So now it looks like I'm stuck with this stupid tiny little thing.

Back to the drawing board.
Can you put a larger piece of wood or an old door on top of the too-small desk to give yourself a larger work surface? I bought my desk before I ever started scrapping, but I've been plenty glad that for whatever reason I chose one that's huge. However, had I known how I'd end up using it I may have chosen a material other than a glass top on pedestal legs. At least I don't set eyelets with a hammer anymore!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I did look at doors last week, but they're too large. I could purchase a solid wood door and cut it down I guess. The best thing about the folding table was being able to roll my paper carts under both sides of it. If I simply make this thing larger, I can't do that.

The carts hold very little paper, btw. Well, one drawer has solid pieces and one has patterned pieces (scraps). The rest of the space is masks, templates, seasonal embellishments, alphas, etc. The things that I always reach for. :)
Pam P.

jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Go back to you table and put little desk in garage
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

I agree with Jill. Don't compromise if it's not working for you.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Me three
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Me Four! There is no point putting up with something that doesn't work when you have what works!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com