Technical help?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Technical help?

Post by pamcook »

Any way to transfer my mom’s saved photos on her tablet to her new iPhone?
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: Technical help?

Post by paddlegal »

I used “Google Photos” when I had an iPad and a samsung phone and could cross reference my photos. I still use it for storage. It’s an app that can be used on both. You just set the app to download all photos from both devices.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

are they iphone and ipad
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

jmp1022 wrote:are they iphone and ipad
No. Android tablet and iPhone.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:I used “Google Photos” when I had an iPad and a samsung phone and could cross reference my photos. I still use it for storage. It’s an app that can be used on both. You just set the app to download all photos from both devices.
Good to know.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

OK, so I don't know of any one-step seamless way to do this. But, you can install iCloud on a PC, and set it to stay in sync with the photos on the phone. I have this set up on my work laptop. Usually when I decide to send a batch to Walgreens for printing, I'm uploading to Walgreens from my iCloud folder on the PC.

But first you've got to get them to iCloud on the PC. I'm not sure what options an android tablet would have for transferring photos to a PC, but I would expect there's a way to save them to the google cloud, and then also set that up to be available on the PC. At that point, you just move them from one cloud to the other.

It's not particularly elegant, but it would get the job done.

I really need hit the lottery and retire early. I'm in IT, and I get dumber about technology with every passing day. There's probably a better way, but I'm just too much past my IT prime to know what it is. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

jfugina wrote:OK, so I don't know of any one-step seamless way to do this. But, you can install iCloud on a PC, and set it to stay in sync with the photos on the phone. I have this set up on my work laptop. Usually when I decide to send a batch to Walgreens for printing, I'm uploading to Walgreens from my iCloud folder on the PC.

But first you've got to get them to iCloud on the PC. I'm not sure what options an android tablet would have for transferring photos to a PC, but I would expect there's a way to save them to the google cloud, and then also set that up to be available on the PC. At that point, you just move them from one cloud to the other.

It's not particularly elegant, but it would get the job done.

I really need hit the lottery and retire early. I'm in IT, and I get dumber about technology with every passing day. There's probably a better way, but I'm just too much past my IT prime to know what it is. :lol:
These days I think anyone beyond the age of 12 is past their IT prime, LOL!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Aint that the truth!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I lost touch when everything upgraded past Windows 98. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO