Here I am

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
ChristyB

Here I am

Post by ChristyB »

Yes it has been a loooooonnnnnnggggg time.

I let life get in the way and entered a major craft funk, as in nothing, nada, zip for so long and it made me feel bad that I had nothing to contribute.
After a car accident with a partially torn rotor cuff to 2 major house renovations I just felt like hiding.

But then friends started reaching out. (you know who you are)

Slowly I am making my way back.

I have actually begun making things over the last month and it feels so good to be using that outlet again.

That's my story.
I had to go on a little soul search and it brought me back here.

Thank you for not giving up.
paddlegal

Re: Here I am

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh Christy! Either I’ve been living under a rock (likely) or you hid your accident and injury well on FB...I had no idea what was going on. I hope your recovery is complete and you’re not feeling the worse for it. You ALWAYS have support and friends right here. I just figured you were busy (and you are) with your girls and that crazy soccer schedule of theirs. I am so happy to see you back here. You never have to feel that you must contribute your art. Just hanging out here works. I am happy that you are returning to crafting...you are so talented.

:happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

oh.my.goodness.
:happy94:
Welcome home. I have missed you here. I always enjoy your adventures on FB and IG but it's just not the same.
Jump in when you can. :greenbounce: Well, be careful with the jumping part - no more injuries, okay?
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Welcome back! So glad you found your way home. I totally understand the craft funk, but it comes back, slowly, but it does return and then you start spending money on all the fun stuff you missed out on :D

I hope your rotor cuff is on the mend and so glad your accident wasn't worse.

Join in when you can. It's just good to see you back again.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Happy to see you back. We did miss you for sure, I thought maybe you were taking a break. I know we all need that I needed it also but it is good to be back among friends.
W E L C O M E H O M E!!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

welcome back
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I hang out here a lot and don't contribute anything other than my opinion. :lol: You know we miss you but figured you were tied up with the girls.

And I'm in the middle of renovations, so I feel your pain on that one.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'll echo the rest with a loud Welcome Home! You were missed and we're glad to have you back!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Welcome back!!! Trust me.... this group of folks will get you out of a funk, for sure!!

If you'd like to join in the Christmas card/tag/whatever swap.... jump in gently!! We'd love to have you be part of it... and they don't need to be works of art... just a holiday greeting of some kind.... cuz then you'll get a bunch back from the rest of us... it's one of the highlights of my holiday season!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pbp908 wrote:I hang out here a lot and don't contribute anything other than my opinion. :lol: You know we miss you but figured you were tied up with the girls.

And I'm in the middle of renovations, so I feel your pain on that one.
Ha Ha. That's me too, minus the renovation part.

CHRISTY...may the crafting force be with you!

I hope your injury is on the mend.

Take care of yourself, and all the rest will hopefully fall into place.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

What they all said!!! :happywave:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Welcome back! In the past few months I've experienced the kid schedule chaos that you've had for YEARS, and I'm just totally spent. No way I could keep it up all year. I did a bit of scrapbooking in September, but it had been many many months, and now I've been "off again" for about 6 weeks. I keep hoping to get back into the swing now that my weekends have freed up, but then I look at the absolute disaster that is my house, and I keep thinking that needs some of my time or I'm going to flat out run away from it all because I can't look at it any more.

Anyway, glad to see you back, and I look forward to seeing more of your art. I've been missing it.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Yay Christy!! I've been following your soccer life and as much as you probably wish it was over with, my Allyson is all done with high school and college soccer and I really miss it. I wouldn't be able to go now that I've moved to Az but I sure did love to watch those kids!!
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Hi Christy....
I understand completely and so glad you have found your passion again. I too have been in that ? whatever. For me going back to school, then change of jobs and now Steve has been diagnosed with Frontal Temporal Dementia. He is in the mild stage, but the medication they have put him on stops him from driving. So, we are adjusting to a new way of life. We were going to build a house here on the creek but decided to purchase a modular/double wide instead. I didn't think I could handle the stress of building and I wanted to do something quick. I so look forward to setting up my scrapbook room and cutting paper once again. Entering challenges, working on scrapbook pages and creating ATC cards again. I can't hardly wait.

Laurie
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Oh my Laurie, so many issues to deal with. You sound like you have an amazing attitude. Hugs to you. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA