Anyone Have Some Spare Time???

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Anyone Have Some Spare Time???

Post by pbp908 »

I've decided to do some necessary work on this place, so I'm starting with floors and doors. Because of the animals, we've decided to go with a Pergo laminate instead of hardwood. The laminate will stand up to claws much better than having to redo hardwood. I'm all for easy at this point in my life. Unfortunately, the flooring people don't remove the old carpet - we have to do that ourselves and then paint the subfloor with Killz. I'm redoing the kitchen, den, dining room, living room and (gasp!) my scrap room. Can you imagine having to move all of that??? And where am I going to put the piano???

So, if anyone has some time with nothing better to do, I could use some help packing and then doing the demolition. :lol:

I'm also replacing the front door and sliding glass door in the den. This is definitely going to be an adventure.

Someone please say a prayer for my sanity.

Oh, and I just had injections in my right knee today, so no work getting done this weekend. :cry:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Re: Anyone Have Some Spare Time???

Post by nchoney »

Sounds like a big project. Hope you get some helpers!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh goodness. I feel your (impending) pain.
It’s temporary.
It’ll be worth it.
It’s a great time to get rid of stuff you don’t love, don’t need, don’t want.

If I can think of anything else I’ve told myself to get through it, I’ll let you know.

Take tons of pictures and share your progress with us!
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I just pulled up the carpet in ONE bedroom. It wasn’t bad, but bending over to pry up the staples was a killer. It was hard to stand up straight after a while. Good luck!
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

What Pam said! Plus remember it doesn't all have to be done in one day. Don't overdo and hurt yourself more.
pamcook wrote:Oh goodness. I feel your (impending) pain.
It’s temporary.
It’ll be worth it.
It’s a great time to get rid of stuff you don’t love, don’t need, don’t want.

If I can think of anything else I’ve told myself to get through it, I’ll let you know.

Take tons of pictures and share your progress with us!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Trixie wrote:I just pulled up the carpet in ONE bedroom. It wasn’t bad, but bending over to pry up the staples was a killer. It was hard to stand up straight after a while. Good luck!
OH! Those horrible tack strips and staples. Glad that's behind me.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Right now I can't do anything for a few days after the injections in my knee. I'm sending Adam to the liquor store for boxes and going to start cleaning out some things. The piano will live in my bedroom for the duration, so if Chris wants to play it he'll be serenading me. :lol: I'm glad I did some purging a few months ago, but I expect that there's going to be a LARGE purge here soon. :shock:
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Good luck! I wish I could fly out there and help you. I think I could have a good time with demolition, and I actually like packing (hate unpacking, but for some reason, I find packing to be a soothing activity). But unless you're keeping a chiropractor and physical therapist on staff with your demo crew, it's probably not something I should take on. :shock: I've been fighting back and joint problems all damn month. So while I'd be happy to pull out carpet and then pry up tack strips for the rest of the day, I may never get up off the floor afterwards. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ah, I see the answer to my question from a previous post.

Get all those male type people in your family who are always hanging around to help. Use a crowbar or one of those forked things for lifting weeds to lever up the tack strip. Sit on the floor or a chair, don't bend over. Watch youtube videos for suggestions on how to do it, there are probably some clever ideas there.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

pbp908 wrote:Right now I can't do anything for a few days after the injections in my knee. I'm sending Adam to the liquor store for boxes and going to start cleaning out some things. The piano will live in my bedroom for the duration, so if Chris wants to play it he'll be serenading me. :lol: I'm glad I did some purging a few months ago, but I expect that there's going to be a LARGE purge here soon. :shock:
I think you should be sending Adam to the liquor store for LIQUOR, not just boxes.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pugmom wrote:
pbp908 wrote:Right now I can't do anything for a few days after the injections in my knee. I'm sending Adam to the liquor store for boxes and going to start cleaning out some things. The piano will live in my bedroom for the duration, so if Chris wants to play it he'll be serenading me. :lol: I'm glad I did some purging a few months ago, but I expect that there's going to be a LARGE purge here soon. :shock:
I think you should be sending Adam to the liquor store for LIQUOR, not just boxes.
That's the best suggestion! :drunk:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I asked him if his grandfather brought anything back besides boxes. When he said no I was very disappointed. :lol:
Pam P.