One down, 7 to go!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
jfugina

One down, 7 to go!

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, I'm talking about marching band season. :lol: Saturday was the big day where we host our invitational, and the kids march their final performance in exhibition. But before and after exhibition, we work - as in, all day. And the fact that it was never much about 40 degrees made it a rough one. It's the biggest fundraising event we have, and it was probably the least profitable that they've ever had because nobody wanted to be there for any longer than they had to.

So I'm tired, and I'm sore, and I think I need to see someone about my hip. :lol: But it went by so fast, I can hardly comprehend it. So now it's time to get it scrapped. Hopefully next weekend I'll find some time to get back into the craft room and get organized. Aside from Halloween cards, October was a massive blur of rehearsals, uniforms, and equipment loading. Hopefully November, with all of its birthdays and gathering around the food will seem tame by comparison.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Re: One down, 7 to go!

Post by troublesmom »

You can do it Julie! I think as time goes by we don't have any tame times any more. The older we get the more it seems to move, different things we're doing but it still keeps spinning.
jfugina wrote:Yeah, I'm talking about marching band season. :lol: Saturday was the big day where we host our invitational, and the kids march their final performance in exhibition. But before and after exhibition, we work - as in, all day. And the fact that it was never much about 40 degrees made it a rough one. It's the biggest fundraising event we have, and it was probably the least profitable that they've ever had because nobody wanted to be there for any longer than they had to.

So I'm tired, and I'm sore, and I think I need to see someone about my hip. :lol: But it went by so fast, I can hardly comprehend it. So now it's time to get it scrapped. Hopefully next weekend I'll find some time to get back into the craft room and get organized. Aside from Halloween cards, October was a massive blur of rehearsals, uniforms, and equipment loading. Hopefully November, with all of its birthdays and gathering around the food will seem tame by comparison.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Re: One down, 7 to go!

Post by pbp908 »

Today is the Highland Festival here and for the first time ever - I'm going to sit in the stands and watch. My involvement this year is just loaning our trailer to them to move equipment. ;)

The band brought home 4 Grand Champions over the past 2 weeks! So proud of these kids, but it's kinda bittersweet because some of them are children of my 1st group of HS students (Jim's age group). They make me feel like I'm ancient even though it's not that long ago that Chris was a band member. Oh well, one of his fellow band students is now the director, so I guess I am getting old. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com