Go Fund Me page

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Go Fund Me page

Post by pamcook »

Would it be inappropriate to start a Go Fund Me page to pay for my front porch repairs? (joking of course) This stupid drought and aging construction is allowing my front porch to pull away and sink. I can think of a whole lot of things I'd rather spend all this money on. I just paid our very last mortgage payment, too. I have, however, stopped looking at warehouse sales and favorite websites. For a while... It's always something, isn't it?
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Go Fund Me page

Post by nchoney »

It's definitely always something!! We can't make any headway on finishing those pesky house repairs because we have to keep repairing the dog. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Hey, if you miss having a mortgage payment...We have a doable monthly payment that you can take over :lol: our mortgage will never be paid off in our lifetime...I think. The terrors of moving too often, and not making big bucks on the sale of the home.

Congratulations on paying off your mortgage. :cool5:

Any hoo, the joy of home ownership is never ending. I hope you figure out the porch situation.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Congrats on paying off the mortgage. That’s a great feeling. We need to replace the railing on our porch. I just keep putting it off.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
nancine

Post by nancine »

if only we could huh?

I just paid our last mortgage payment also! Isn't that great?!
But I did have a huge roofing bill to pay. But I shouldn't have to re-roof in my lifetime :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nancine wrote:if only we could huh?

But I did have a huge roofing bill to pay. But I shouldn't have to re-roof in my lifetime :lol:
Yeah, we bit the bullet and had a metal roof installed a few years ago. I might peel that thing off and pack it when we have to move! :lol:
The contractor that installed our furnace said we have about 2 more years of use out of it. Developers are poised to start buying property in 2 years. Please Dear Lord watch over my furnace and keep it running...
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I just hope they give you a good offer Pam and nothing else goes wrong. Houses can be a pain at times.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

nancine wrote:if only we could huh?

Wow, way to go Nancy. Such an accomplishment.

If we never started moving around, our house would have been paid off by now...sigh.

I envy those who have long and deep roots in the community and paid off mortgages :cool5:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Ours is paid and has been for several years. However - we had to install a new H/AC system and now I'm trying to get the house decent enough to put on the market, which means new flooring. Just paid the property taxes and the income taxes for another year. Whoo hoo. Now I'm looking at hospital bills (long story). Is there ever an end to it all???
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

We don't have deep roots here but what we have is paid for and it is new. New sometimes isn't all it is cracked up to be. We had so many (minor) issues it would make your head spin. They get them fixed but it takes lots of phone calls. There were also things we were never told about that we found out after moving. Love my neighbors, the area and being close to everything.

I don't plan on ever moving again. They can take me out in a wooden box.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO