Chevie has another boo-boo

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
nchoney

Chevie has another boo-boo

Post by nchoney »

So... on Monday, Mike took Chevie, in the pickup truck, up to the kennel for a nail trim and a bath. She was limping a little when he brought her home and by the time I got home a few hours later, she wasn't putting any weight on that back left leg at all. Had a sleepless night Monday night with her in the bed... she couldn't turn around and get comfy on her own so she was pretty frustrated. They say nothing happened while she was at the kennel... and normally things are just fine when she goes there. But... getting her in and out of the pickup truck twice may have caused this. Got her to the vet yesterday and he's pretty sure she has snapped the CCL (same as the ACL in humans... ligament in the knee) in her good leg. Visions of the surgery she had on the right leg a couple years ago.

For now she's on pain meds and muscle relaxer for a month.. and then we'll take her to the vet and he's pretty sure he'll be doing surgery again. Heck... at least she'll have two good knees after that... right?

She couldn't even hobble to her food bowl Monday night... so Mommy brought it over to where she was standing. And then brought her water bowl... and then lifted her up onto the bed. She's lost a few pounds since last year.... she's down to under 93.

Anyway.... hated seeing her limping like this. And.... now I'm SO looking forward to taking out a loan to pay for another $1600 surgery. Just can't get ahead.
Attachments
Chevie.JPG
Chevie.JPG (40.82 KiB) Viewed 356 times
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Re: Chevie has another boo-boo

Post by Monica »

Awww.... poor baby! Good thing she has mommy to take care of her.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Sorry to hear this Debi.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Poor little girl. I’m so sorry!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

She's looking like she's feeling a bit better.... we're going to keep being hopeful... but I still think we'll wind up getting surgery done on her again... but I'll keep y'all posted
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

hopefully just sprained
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Oh no, that is terrible. Hope for the best.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Pooppup!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Give it a little time to heal and then re-evaluate. It's good that Chevie's lost some weight - too much is really hard on a dog's joints, especially when they're jumping up and down any height. Sending healing thoughts and hoping for a sprain. :happy94:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Hugs to you and Chevie! :happy94: Surgery on our furry children is no fun at all.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sorry to hear and hope that all is soon well. Time to get everything healed, hopefully without any surgery.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

So.... a week has gone by.... and at least she's putting the foot down for balance.. but she's not really walking on it. She's acting like she did when the other ACL went kaflooey. So I'm pretty sure she'll be having surgery in a few weeks. Thankfully, I can take out a loan from work and pay it off via my paycheck over the next 8 months or so. I'm not in as much of a panic as I was the first time around.

And then she'll have 2 good knees and I won't have to worry about her hurting herself after this.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts