Greg update

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Re: Greg update

Post by pamcook »

I’m so happy to hear this great news!

Absolutely don’t let his local doctors make any decisions about any aspect of his care until they approve it. We see what happens to our patients on a daily basis...
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pamcook wrote:I’m so happy to hear this great news!

Absolutely don’t let his local doctors make any decisions about any aspect of his care until they approve it. We see what happens to our patients on a daily basis...
We would not go against Greg's transplant team decisions. The local staff do not know about transplant issues.
Ohio State Wexner Medical Center / The James are a superb medical community we are most fortunate to have in our area, and we are so very pleased with all they have done for Greg. His doc is THE head of the transplant department.

Thank you for all of your comments and concern. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful, wonderful news Pat! So very happy to hear that things are going along so well. Prayers that all continues to improve and he gets the eye problem taken care of
pat-czap wrote:
pamcook wrote:I’m so happy to hear this great news!

We would not go against Greg's transplant team decisions. The local staff do not know about transplant issues.
Ohio State Wexner Medical Center / The James are a superb medical community we are most fortunate to have in our area, and we are so very pleased with all they have done for Greg. His doc is THE head of the transplant department.

Thank you for all of your comments and concern. :happy94:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Those clinic appointments are a must and you guys are so committed to this there is no doubtyou will be there, you atrlucky they are only 2 hours too, ours was a 7 hour drive to Denver one way. I could drive it with my eyes shut and according to my daughter I did a few times, lol
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wonderful news, Pat. If it means being at home instead of in the 'cardboard apartment', I'm sure you and Greg will do whatever needs to be done to follow through on his treatment. :happy94: :clap: :clap: :happy94:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Today is day +31 transplant. Nearly 1/3 of the way to the 100 day post transplant target.

Tuesday clinic visits already scheduled through December. :D

Progress!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Big News...Greg was allowed to go home today... Hooray! 35 days post transplant.

23 days in the hospital and 19 days in the apartment.

A whole lot of time was knocked off our stay in Columbus. :D We were looking at mid November as Doctor release date.

We will travel back and forth for clinic visits each week now.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is fabulous news, Pat!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Will keep my fingers crossed for no bad weather for safe travels.
Greg needs to teach classes on how to endure that ordeal. No one could possibly understand how it consumes your life unless you go through it.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

pamcook wrote:Will keep my fingers crossed for no bad weather for safe travels.
Greg needs to teach classes on how to endure that ordeal. No one could possibly understand how it consumes your life unless you go through it.
lol

Greg says he isn't doing anything special. Just doing what needs to be done.

Not to make light of the seriousness of having blood cancer or any cancer, this journey so far has not been as "awful" as I thought it would be. Each patient being different, I am thankful Greg is Greg, and he has been a very good patient with a great attitude.

We even stopped by his work place on our way home, made his day.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

So happy to hear his spirits are so great. My man would be the polar opposite so I pray that he never becomes ill. I don't think I could handle it.
nancine

Post by nancine »

What great news! So happy for you both!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thank you ladies. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Couldn’t be better news Pat! I’ve no doubt that it wasn’t only Greg’s amazing good attitude but yours as well. You two have weathered this procedure together with style, grace and inspiration. I am so very happy for you both.

Tell Greg I am so happy for him and give him a hug for me. I love success stories. :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful, wonderful news Pat. So glad that you all are able to be home. As the old saying goes there is no place like home.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO