For the ex-band moms

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
jfugina

Re: For the ex-band moms

Post by jfugina »

Yep, all of the rest of life absolutely stops for two full months. I know the same thing happens is nearly every sport/activity, but my kids have not been that immersed in anything that extreme up to this point. We knew it was coming, and are now sad at the realization that we've only got a few weeks left of this current season.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

No symphonic band after MB? They have competitions, too. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote:No symphonic band after MB? They have competitions, too. ;)
Nope. Nicole isn't in a band class. It's completely extracurricular. They have two extracurricular winter/spring programs, though - Drumline and Winter Guard. Nicole has talked about joining winter guard, but she certainly doesn't feel strongly about it. I've talked to LOTS of other parents that tell me I should encourage her to try drumline, at least once. Apparently our winter drumline was ranked 16th in the world last year. And they'll take anyone who wants to join.

I'm told they start those rehearsals after Thanksgiving, so she's still got time to think about either of those.
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I finally had a few minutes to watch the new vid. The color guard has greatly improved since the last one, and the horns sound even better! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the show!

And congratulations to the band for their excellent showing this weekend!

Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks, Pam! There isn't a whole lot left to add. They stopped about 1/2 way through the 4th movement because the rest simply wasn't ready. This Friday night is the last home game (unless there are post-season games at home). I'm guessing they'll have the whole thing ready enough for that. But they'll only put the rest in this Saturday if it's deemed competition ready. We've got two more competitions then the exhibition performance at our invitational. I can't believe we're only in uniform 4 more times.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I’m loving all of your reports Julie. Keep them coming.

MB season is brief. How great the school offers it as an extracurricular class. Charley's MB was an actual class in lue of PE. it turned into Concert Band following the end of MB season for the remainder of the year. I think trying out for Winter Drumline is a great idea. Those kids have a lot of fun with the competitions.
FARLEY in Sacramento