Weekend fun

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Weekend fun

Post by pamcook »

Pure sarcasm.
Joel's rearranging his tool warehouse (aka "garage"). I am hiding from the heat indoors. Just made pumpkin pie oatmeal for the week and am soaking cashews to make dressing for kale Waldorf salad for my lunches. Well, surfing the 'net while they soak...
I took the bottom drawer out of my stove to scrub down (why did I think that would be a good idea?). It's too wide & heavy for me to hold it while maneuvering it back onto the tracks. :roll: Now it's sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor while I think of ways to prop it up to get back on the tracks.
Debi, if Maria sends you to my house, I might have a quick little project for us. :lol:

AND I scrubbed the top of the refrigerator.

Do I know how to enjoy my days off from work, or what?

Anyone else having a fun day?
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Weekend fun

Post by nchoney »

Hopefully Maria stays small enough that I won't need to head inland.

My weekend fun is getting all my layouts pre-planned for my zoo visit last year with Peggy and Helen. So... I've been making my page kits... stamping.... die-cutting.... getting everything ready so I can just put the pages together tomorrow when I go down to Helen's house... yay!!!

I've got this week off (burning through my leave time) and hopefully I won't have any house issues due to Maria. Of course... she's supposed to be closest on the 27th ... which was my dad's birthday and was also the day Hurricane Gloria first flooded this house.... and... my sister's name is Marie... which is too close for comfort...

So... keeping fingers crossed and saying lots of prayers!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Hope Maria misses you all for sure Debi!

I've been working on Christmas cards from the Heartfelt Creations kit I just got. I also walked 1.25 mile this morning. Walking is really hard now because of my right knee. I may have to break down and go to the doctor soon. I know Arthur lives there but me not being able to walk is terrible. I DON"T want a shot of any kind in my knee which is why I keep putting off going to dr.

After breakfast this morning Joe & I headed to WalMart (my favorite place - NOT) to get a few groceries that tend to be much cheaper there than at any other local store. Needed to pick up items to start (continue) my Christmas baking. I have zucchini bread & pounda cake in freezer now but need more of them, also needed stuff for my fudge which I'll make this week some time. I also want to get Cranberry bread down but that won't be for a while since fresh cranberries aren't out yet. I will make some cookies but no where near what I used to I am more focused on doing the breads. We'll see if that works.

Plan on watching golf soon while I color in some snowmen.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pam DON'T lift that thing by yourself! And what is your recipe for pumpkin oatmeal and your cashew dressing...my WPF mind needs some inspiration. I seem to be cooking the same things over and over.

Debi, you just tell that Maria to blast back where she came from. I hope she veers off and leaves your coast alone.

My weekend...pretty quiet and I am liking it. I've actually started my PAO Halloween cards...backgrounds were completed last night. Gearing up for another onslaught of birding this coming week...last Raptor survey for Cosumnes River Preserve for 2017 wraps up Wednesday. I will miss my team and the 3 guys that I was honored to be the leader of. All of them biologists...me, no. They have been super nice and lots of fun. I only knew one of them vaguely. But after 7 months of being crammed into a mid-sized sedan every other week, you get to know each other pretty well. One has done all the driving of the 25 mile loop, one has done all the "scribing" of every single raptor we've identified and the other with me as spotter/IDer. It's been great and I hope I get them again next year to work with me. Meanwhile the CRP Waterbird Survey began this month. I am loving my "job".

I'm hoping to get the Halloween cards mostly done today. I have a list of birthday cards that need to be made as well.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here you go Farley - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnpbnshQ8wM
The dressing was a bit salty for me, and I'm a salt addict. I would say cut it in half and give it a try.

I'm going to make it next week with sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin. I love, love sweet potatoes.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I tried to mow, but it's too hot, dry and dusty to get much accomplished. That and the fact that the grass is too high on half of the yard for the riding mower, so I have to wait for someone to help put the grooming deck on the tractor. We desperately need some rain right now, but I don't want to get it via a hurricane. My joints are aching, so there's a weather change on the way. The only other thing I've accomplished was purely out of need - one of the cats decided that the middle of my bed was a great place to plant a big hairball, so the comforter is outside drying and the sheets are in the dryer. :crazy: Yuck.

Other than that, I've also been cruising the internet today for new recipes. I'm trying to convince George that shopping for groceries every darned day is expensive, and we don't need to eat out now that I'm retired. (Did I really say that???) We've got to get back into a healthier diet and exercise regimen, so I've dug up a lot of veggie and lean meat recipes that sound like something I can get this crowd to buy into. Me? I'll eat almost anything - it's the picky ones who prefer meat and potatoes that I have to convince. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam, I but my tongue for several years and then Joel's blood sugar went out of control. Like me, he needed a health crisis to wake up. I feel like all I do is go to work and cook meals - but I'm not going to complain. He's lost weight and his blood sugar is staying in the normal range and he's not complaining.
When we win the lottery, I will get a personal chef. No doubt about it.

We could use some rain up here as well.

Joel put the drawer back in the oven with only a bit of teasing thrown my way. So Debi, we'll have to scrapbook or something to pass the time.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Well, there's a whole other thread for how I spent my day yesterday - out in the heat for 11 hours! But while I worked up quite a sweat during the band's two show times, it was nothing compared to the kids who had to be in full black uniforms for hours at a time.

Today (after most of us sleeping till noon), Nicole and I went shopping for her homecoming dress. She won't go to the school's actual homecoming dance, because the band usually is at a competition during homecoming. So instead, the boosters put on a "faux-coming" dance for the band kids after competition season is over. So while it's not happening till November, the junior style party dresses (homecoming has gotten super fancy over the last 30 years!) are already are in short supply. So we went today. I'm wiped.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jfugina wrote:Well, there's a whole other thread for how I spent my day yesterday - out in the heat for 11 hours! But while I worked up quite a sweat during the band's two show times, it was nothing compared to the kids who had to be in full black uniforms for hours at a time.

Today (after most of us sleeping till noon), Nicole and I went shopping for her homecoming dress. She won't go to the school's actual homecoming dance, because the band usually is at a competition during homecoming. So instead, the boosters put on a "faux-coming" dance for the band kids after competition season is over. So while it's not happening till November, the junior style party dresses (homecoming has gotten super fancy over the last 30 years!) are already are in short supply. So we went today. I'm wiped.

When Charley went to a homecoming dance his senior year (same reason for him not going to previous years - Sr. year was timed better) I was stunned by what the girls were wearing! They all looked like negliges! :shock: I'm happy to say his date was tastefully dressed. Boy do I sound like the old lady I am. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

paddlegal wrote:
jfugina wrote:Well, there's a whole other thread for how I spent my day yesterday - out in the heat for 11 hours! But while I worked up quite a sweat during the band's two show times, it was nothing compared to the kids who had to be in full black uniforms for hours at a time.

When Charley went to a homecoming dance his senior year (same reason for him not going to previous years - Sr. year was timed better) I was stunned by what the girls were wearing! They all looked like negliges! :shock: I'm happy to say his date was tastefully dressed. Boy do I sound like the old lady I am. :lol:
Nicole actually wound up choosing a dress from the Misses section. She tried on a few from the Juniors section, but was completely uncomfortable with the length. She has night shirts that are longer. What she chose is good. It wasn't matronly, but it was down to the knees. And she picked up a cute pair of flats too. Good thing, since she's 5'8", and her date is 4'11". :shock: :lol: They're not dating, but the theme this year was Sadie Hawkins, much to the horror of the freshmen girls. One of Nicole's best friends in band is a twin (they're both under 5' tall) and Nicole just asked her brother, figuring they could go as a group with Amy and her date. I was a little surprised that Kevin accepted Nicole as a date, since they don't really talk much otherwise. But whatever... as long as they all have a good time. :-)
Julie Fugina
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I've been sick for three weeks with gallbladder issues. It's been a real effort to find something to eat that doesn't make me sick. Bland, bland, bland. Finally having it out tomorrow. Can't be soon enough for me. So this weekend has been getting some things done since I'll be out of commission most of the week. Of course everything pretty much wipes me out after a few hours. It's been a real pain going through all the doctors appointments, rounds of bloodwork and tests to finally get a surgery date.

Praying that Maria stays away from our coast. Coastal property during hurricane season is very stressful as Debi can attest. Hoping Maria's gone with no damage, that I'm feeling better. We're looking forward to heading to the beach next weekend to celebrate granddaughter's birthday.

You'll be in my thoughts Debi.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ug. Sorry to hear that Carol. I hope you're feeling better soon. :happy94:
Julie Fugina
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Thanks Julie. Glad you enjoying your band experiences.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Carol I hope you soon feel much better. Gall bladder problems are not fun, been there, done that.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Thanks Cheryl. Me too.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.

ImageImage