Snow pictures?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Snow pictures?

Post by pamcook »

Looks like even though it's been a strangely mild winter so far, that's changing quickly. We're getting snow Friday night/Saturday morning. High of 28 Saturday. Brrrr! That's when it'll feel like "Christmas" to me. Everything will grind to a halt but I feel like a kid I'm so excited! Plan to take a bunch of pictures and then get some challenges done.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Re: Snow pictures?

Post by Debbie J »

It's 70 here! :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It was low 60's here today.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Looking forward to your snow photos and LOs of it.

We have rain...big time since Monday. Yay! And it is continuing at least until next Wednesday. We are still considered to be in drought conditions but you wouldn't know it by where I was doing my waterbird survey today. All teams were unable to drive their routes. We all had to walk it. My team of 4 split up, halving the territory. Three plus miles later in frequent downpours we were able to finish in the usual 2 hours. It really was fun. Most birds had the good sense to hunker down unlike us. :lol: Geared up in my Gortex rain gear and boots...no problem.
Attachments
IMG_1026.jpg
IMG_1026.jpg (81.36 KiB) Viewed 583 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Warm today, snow Friday. Gotta love NC weather. Went and got my milk today because by tomorrow the shelves will be empty of milk. Glad it's coming on a weekend. Bundle up and stay warm. Looking forward to getting some snow pictures.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We tend to get more ice than snow, so I'll be making my usual huge pot of soup - standard fare for us with snow forecast in case we lose power. Warming it up will be no problem with the gas cooktop. George will probably make some of his wonderful fattening irresistible cornbread to go with it.

Guess I'd better move the generator close to the house and crank it up to make sure everything is ready. It won't power the oven or the dryer but lights and water are a wonderful thing!

One of my talks with myself included the notation that I absolutely have to pick my camera back up this year. I haven't taken enough photos this year to do a decent end of the year retrospective, much less steadily scrap. Now to find the batteries for it, make sure I have a clean card, and try to remember how the dratted thing works. Maybe I should go back to film??? I've never forgotten how to use that one!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sigh. Our forecast is 2 above to 3 below for tonight. Brrr.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

There is about 6 inches of snow on the ground here in Vancouver, that fell a few days ago and it's cold, high 20s I think. And we looked at our cameras back home in Florence and we got 4 inches of snow last night. Bummed that we're missing snow at the beach, it'll be gone by the time we get home on Monday. Boohoo!
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

We pretty much haven't not had snow since early December; fact of life here in the snow belt where I live. I don't mind it actually; the municipalities do a pretty good job of keeping the roads cleared, most people know how to drive in it, and it makes the landscape way prettier than it would be without the blanket of white covering all the dead vegetation. This is a shot from earlier in December, out my front door. We've had a mild few days recently, so the snow blanket is only about 3-4" currently. But the high for Sunday is only forecasted to be -12C, that's about 10F. Definitely too cold for my liking.
Attachments
front tree snow.jpg
front tree snow.jpg (74.04 KiB) Viewed 546 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:We pretty much haven't not had snow since early December; fact of life here in the snow belt where I live. I don't mind it actually; the municipalities do a pretty good job of keeping the roads cleared, most people know how to drive in it, and it makes the landscape way prettier than it would be without the blanket of white covering all the dead vegetation. This is a shot from earlier in December, out my front door. We've had a mild few days recently, so the snow blanket is only about 3-4" currently. But the high for Sunday is only forecasted to be -12C, that's about 10F. Definitely too cold for my liking.
That photo 100% speaks "Christmas" to my heart. The sight of the colored lights on snow-covered evergreens will forever represent Christmas to me. I truly miss it.
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

What a beautiful photo, Keitha. No snow here.
Kathryn.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

terrific photo Keitha.... hope you're making a layout with that one!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

what a great photo! So pretty and festive!

Snow doesn't mean Christmas to me being a native Californian that lives far from the snowy areas :lol:
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Snowing on and off here all day. First snow in ages. Probably got an inch or so, and Gracie the dog loves it. She is like a 2 year old, in and out, and off to stick her nose in the snow.

Love your picture Keitha.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

We are supposed to get our first snow tonight and tomorrow. If it's coming up from the South then it's going to be the heavy wet stuff. Wish you would keep it down there and send us the light fluffy stuff from the North.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com