Snow pictures?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
mpizzazz

Re: Snow pictures?

Post by mpizzazz »

I had no idea it was so bad down there. How can you ever drive on that?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:Oh my goodness Monica. I read your FB post and wished I could see it. Please be safe.

This is the road behind our house. Last year, a fire truck went in the ditch during a snow storm. Over the years, we've seen some pretty spectacular wrecks here. The ice is so smooth you could easily skate on it. Getting to work tomorrow is going to be harrowing. Co-worker has already called out. She called out everyday last week as well. Sorta hope she 's burning up sick leave and preparing to quit. But I digress...
You be careful too! This is scary stuff to be driving in on either side of the country!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:I had no idea it was so bad down there. How can you ever drive on that?
If you have half a brain, you don't. You wait a few days and it's gone.

Sadly, our boss won't excuse our absences for weather and Joel is "mandatory" so he drops me off. We left 30 minutes early (2 mile drive to my office). I clocked in when I got here. She can pay me overtime. Coworker said she wasn't going to risk a wreck (mind you, she's from OH like I am and knows how to drive on bad roads - and her husband with his monster 4WD truck does as well) but what are you going to do? At least it's nice and quiet. I have my planner for the year (yes, I was a planner before it was cool) and a few stamps and my on-line Bible study starts again today. Time at home decluttering would be time better spent but it is what it is.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Glad everyone stayed safe this weekend. We had some really terrible ice here on the 16th. A "wintery mix" gone bad. But we haven't really had anything worth even mentioning other than that. Things were so bad on the 16th though that it took Rob 5 hours to get home, and our school district even had a middle school bus that got stuck, and the kids had to be rescued by emergency personnel and taken to a nearby elementary school where they spent the night. Thankfully I had taken the day off to go Christmas shopping and was home before it got bad. The problem was that the off-ramps had turned into hockey-worthy patches of ice, and because they're all at an incline, most people couldn't get off the highway, causing total gridlock.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I thought at least NC had changed the rulings about making employees drive to work if road conditions weren't good... but then I guess some folks would abuse that, too.... so, anyway, I looked it up and son-of-a-gun... the rules haven't changed and they sure can require you to show up even if you can't drive there... bummer

http://www.nclabor.com/wh/fact%20sheets/adverse.htm
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

We didn't have anything like you did Pam. About 1" the first night and 2" the second. Very little ice if any, just the fluffy stuff. We haven't even shoveled at all. Just letting it melt.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

One of the many joys of retirement is that I don't have to worry about driving to work on this ice. However, hubby still does. NCSU was closed yesterday so it wasn't mandatory for him to go in. He'll have to either make it up or take a vacation day. He'll probably do the latter. He did go in today.

I usually go out and walk around, taking pictures and enjoying the snow. But so far haven't gone off the porch. I've had so much trouble with my back and shoulder, I really didn't want to take a chance of falling. Ice and me don't get along very well. :lol: My son went out yesterday to check and see if he could get out of his steep driveway and fell. He's not badly hurt but is going to be very sore today. :-o

The ground is still covered, but the main roads are looking better. I'm hoping for lots of melting today. I'm getting a case of cabin fever. It's supposed to be 70 on Friday. I am thrilled since I leave on Friday to go to Myrtle Beach for a long girlfriends weekend. Bring on the warmer weather. :happywave:
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Hope you all get rid of this yucky weather. We are on our way back to below zero weather, not looking forward to it!
Monica

Post by Monica »

It's snowing here... again.... so I've declared it 'chili and cornbread' day at work. Potluck. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We had soup and cornbread day yesterday at work. That's what happens when you make 5 gallons (literally) of soup on Sunday and don't want to eat it every meal for a week! :lol:

I really need to learn to cook smaller quantities.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com