Merry Christmas!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
EDelValle

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by EDelValle »

Late to the party.

It sounds as if everyone had a nice Christmas.

We do the Eve at our home, that leaves the day
for the kids to visit with the in laws, or whatever.

Christmas Day I think I must have slept about 18 hours.
I was exhausted from the sleep deprivation during the
week when I had to complete gifts and cards for
co-workers and get my cards to family into the mail.

Friday, I decorated our conference room at work because
someone decided to have the end of year party today, when we
were off on Monday, so preparation had to be done before
leaving on Friday because there would be no time to do it
before it was time for the party. They do it during lunchtimes.
I think that just added to my tiredness. LOL

Well, the new year will so be here and we have much to look
forward to, hopefully it will be a good one for all of us
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Happy Christmas to everyone! We've had a whirlwind few days with family; Christmas Eve at Rebecca's Dad's from late afternoon until early evening; for once we managed to get home before midnight, and as a bonus the weather was mild and the driving clear. Christmas Day the boys slept in fairly late, so Rebecca had the turkey in the oven before we even started on stockings and presents. My cousins arrived around noon; we'd decided to have presents after dinner so spent the early afternoon playing Canasta and board games. Our turkey dinner was delicious, after which we moved to my suite and opened our gifts. The cousins stayed the night so we all put our pyjamas on and played more cards and Scrabble until bedtime. Rebecca made brunch on Boxing Day before the cousins left and then prepared for the arrival of my son-in-law's family who came for dinner last night; pork roast on the menu. Rebecca's third Christmas dinner cooked this year; good thing she enjoys it.
It's been mild here, hovering around the freezing mark and actually warmer than that yesterday. On Christmas Day the sun and warm temperatures melted the snow on the hot tub cover, and a dark-eyed junco spent about 20 minutes having a thorough bath in the water that collected in the fold of the hot tub cover. He was absolutely soaked, but clearly enjoying himself. I'm going to check the birding store this week for a deal on a birdbath heater.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Keitha, what a lucky little fellow to find a place to bathe amid the snow. A couple of days ago I looked out from the kitchen window and saw nine little Long-tailed Tits all crowding onto our fat-ball feeder. They never stay long, the little flock just flies in to feed for a few moments, and then they are off. Such pretty little birds.
Kathryn.