Merry Christmas!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Merry Christmas!

Post by pamcook »

I feel like a new person after 12 hours of sleep! Cooked breakfast, did a load of laundry, and painted a wall in the front room.
Hope you all aren't doing household stuff this morning!
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by pat-czap »

Merry Christmas to all.

Whoa, Pam. Relax, pace yourself! lol I made breakfast, did a load of towels, but not gonna paint a wall today!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Welcome home, Pam! But painting a wall? that seems a bit overzealous. You must have had a good sleep. I have done a load of wash but no painting here.
We did the present exchange where you can then steal someone else's present. They had to be consumable items and we were each happy to keep what we opened except for Ray who stole his BIL's chocolates that Robin brought from Sydney. We love their chocolates! Otherwise, not many presents here.
We went for a walk to the water and it's a beautiful sunny day. Then we had morning tea and will have bubbly and nibbles at 1:30 and dinner at 2:30. Otherwise some of us are gathered around their glowing electronic screens and others are knitting. Exciting stuff!
Hope you all are enjoying your day.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

That's just plain crazy Pam! :shock: But so glad you are safely home and (maybe) rested.

I just made an experimental breakfast of two kinds of pancakes. Both are winners but Charley only liked the rice flour one and Bob likes the buckwheat version...I like both. I do understand the buckwheat pancakes are not very attractive! (Pam it's the buckwheat recipe in Esslestyn"s book).

The rest of our day is going to be as laid back as possible. I have no idea what I'll do for dinner since we inhaled last night's and there is only a smidgen of leftovers. Boohoo. But lots of leftover noodles so some basic pasta dish will appear. This is also another traditional night for a Scrabble game between me and Charley. It involves a lot of laughing, the constant (legalized by our rules) use of dictionaries and mass quantities of wine and beer and pretzels.

MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS!
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Merry Christmas everyone! We've had an unusual day at home. We went out to my mom's on Friday night because that's when the kids' cousins were going to be there. My parents are having their normal festivities today, but we opted to have a relaxing day at home instead, taking our time with gifts, Rob making everyone's favorite breakfasts.. it's been really good.

Rob got me a cricut upgrade, which I've been playing with for the last little while. It's an Explore Air, and so far, I really really like it. The main reason I was looking for the upgrade was for the software. I've been playing with the new software for a while, but it wasn't compatible with my old machine. But besides the software, this machine claims to make better intricate cuts, so I'll be testing that out soon.

I also got a new photo printer, but I haven't set it up yet. My older one quit working about a year ago, and while it's still cheaper to get normal prints at Walgreens, it will be nice to have "on demand" abilities again. So it was a very happy crafty Christmas for me.

I'm going to play for a little while longer, but then yeah ... I'll probably be slipping in a bit of laundry and other housework throughout the day, since we have the luxury of being home all day. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I had to stop at one wall because I only had enough left over paint for the one wall. I have a serious case of the "might as well syndrome". Since most of the furniture is out of the room for Joel to install the hardwood he "bought me for Christmas", I figured I might as well paint the walls. Will be at Home Depot first thing in the morning. I want to paint the wall unit in there white but he says it won't ever look right - I countered with "Then maybe I need to just buy a new one." :angel:

The pancakes sound delicious!
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Happy Christmas everyone, I hope you've all had a pleasant day. Brian and I had a quick walk by the sea at Sandsend. The weather is very mild, but cloudy and windy. More of a green Christmas than a white one! I cooked turkey and stuffing, with little sausages wrapped in bacon, and various assorted vegetables. Then Christmas pudding and custard. Our friend Annette who lives next door spent the day with us, we watched the Queen's Christmas Message, then chilled out and watched Frozen!
Kathryn.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Merry Christmas! I've cooked almost all day, and now dinner is over except for the mess. While waiting for timers to go off, we've watched the Dr. Who marathon and are now hoping to stay awake for the movie. The kids got back from Charlotte around 12:00, so that's when we did the present exchange. This house has been way too quit. Everyone seems to be happy with their gifts. George and I have decided to give ourselves new dinner ware, stainless and glasses for Christmas, so we're off to shop tomorrow. My poor everyday service is chipped all to heck and back, so out with the old and in with the new.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Merry Christmas everyone! I went down to my mom's and had their Christmas luncheon, ham and scalloped potatoes. Then we watched the Sound of Music together and made plans for days around the wedding. Just going to eat up leftovers around here since we're leaving on Tuesday. Watch a show or two and have an early night.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Merry Christmas!

We went to our daughters for prime rib. It looked good and smelled wonderful but I passed. I had mashed potatoes, stuffing and green bean casserole. Everything was tasty. We did the exchange of socks where you can steal someone else's if you want. Allyson stole my fuzzy socks, little brat!! Haha watched a ball game and now we are home watching a different ball game. Grandkids will be here in 15 minutes to play board games. Fun times
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

We've had a wonderful Christmas. We had all the kids and grandkids over yesterday for our big family celebration. It was so nice to have the whole family together. Today after a beautiful service at church, we went to our sons home for lunch and a relaxing afternoon. We still have to go to the mountains to see my MIL on Tuesday. Then we celebrate three birthdays.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Debbie J wrote:Merry Christmas!

We went to our daughters for prime rib. It looked good and smelled wonderful but I passed. I had mashed potatoes, stuffing and green bean casserole. Everything was tasty. We did the exchange of socks where you can steal someone else's if you want. Allyson stole my fuzzy socks, little brat!! Haha watched a ball game and now we are home watching a different ball game. Grandkids will be here in 15 minutes to play board games. Fun times
The sock variation sounds like fun but what do you do about different size socks for men, women and children?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Men bring men socks, ladies bring lady socks, and same for kids. Works out great.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Happy day after! Today we will be having leftovers for dinner! Plenty of good stuff left! That will be after my 4 o'clock bleacher workout - ugh. I don't want to go but it's better to keep my exercise sch duke than to skip :lol:

We had a nice quite day, just my folks here until the afternoon. Then my son & his girlfriend arrived & we opened presents. Marks 2 cousins came for dinner, his Aunt is 95 amd recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's and when it was time to come over she didn't want to go. What can you do? Not much!
Had a delicious dinner & visiting and then the kids stayed until bblut9. Sabrina had to work today, the rest of us are off. Probably meet up with my sister to do,something today. It won't sound cold to y'all but it's only about 40 degrees here, warmest today will be 54 :lol: :lol: :lol: crazy cold for us!

Stay tuned later this week... Pam C and I were talking earlier and I'll have a new challenge starting in January.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Nancy...the weather here in Findlay, OH is windy, balmy and 63 degrees. All the snow has melted.

Last weekend in Vegas was cold...dipping below freezing in the morning, but getting up into 40's - 50's.

Crazy

Enjoy the day ladies.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA