Weekend Before Thanksgiving

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Re: Weekend Before Thanksgiving

Post by pamcook »

We found out yesterday that Joel's mom is in FL with his sister and her family.
Cancelled our trip to Ohio since his whole family is "busy". There are good and bad things about our families living so close to each other.
It's supposed to be sunny and about 70 degrees here on the holiday. I know we'll be raking leaves but at least we'll be outside enjoying the weather.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

paddlegal wrote:
I must tell you Julie, that Bob and I miss the marching band days. Charley did HS as well as College MB and enjoyed it immensely. It was the best thing for building confidence and meeting other super kids. He continues to teach trumpet and coaches MB students...in his spare time of being a substitute middle school and HS teacher by day and law school student by night. I think all that band organization and teamwork has been a boon to what he does now.
I fully admit that Rob and I have been looking forward to the marching band days since Nicole was born. We were truly holding our breath when she got to 5th grade, and we had to let her decide for herself if she wanted to try band. Then when she did, we've had fingers crossed that she'd want to stick with it. Over the past year, as the high school has invited middle schoolers to join them for pre-game and in the stands, she's gotten more excited. So we know we'll be a marching band family for at least a little while. Jake still has another year+ before he needs to decide whether to enroll in band, but he seems less enthused. He seems interested in playing drums, so we may have to cave in to the prospective noise in the interest of staying with the band program for as long as possible.

I'm sure I'll complain about all of the chaos when I'm in the thick of it. But we are actually looking forward to it, and I'm 100% sure we'll miss it terribly when it's all over.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

You will miss it Julie.......but then there are grandkids!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Me Maya & Ry will be hanging out and eating appetizers. With just the 3 of us nobody wants to do a big meal.

Doesn't sound exciting to many but I'm looking forward to it. It'll be the last quiet day before everything goes crazy.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ChristyB wrote:Me Maya & Ry will be hanging out and eating appetizers. With just the 3 of us nobody wants to do a big meal.

Doesn't sound exciting to many but I'm looking forward to it. It'll be the last quiet day before everything goes crazy.
Enjoy every second!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ChristyB wrote:Me Maya & Ry will be hanging out and eating appetizers. With just the 3 of us nobody wants to do a big meal.

That sounds really nice to me. I am in the middle of preparing the lentil loaf. It's delicious but a lot of steps. Bob and I are going to escape for an hour or so and go for a walk along the river in the fog.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

It will just me me, hubby and son. I've got a turkey breast (we all only like white meat) and we'll have the traditional sides and a Lemon Meringue Pie with some lemons off my bush! It only took about 5 years for this little bush to start producing some lemons. We will no doubt enjoy some craft beers, games of scrabble & cards and some time out at the fire pit!

We've been so busy the last few weekends... Sunday we went to a Camaro meeting that ran long and then went out to eat with some friends so didn't get home until almost 8:30. Saturday we worked in the morning clearing out half our showroom for the new wood floors. The rest of the long weekend after turkey day will be painting our bedroom and getting ready to decorate for Christmas.
Soon my folks will be here for a few weeks.

And somewhere in all this I need to make my Christmas cards, LOL. I only have a few on the ready. I should've paid more attention to the Christmas card making threads! :lol: