How creative are we?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

How creative are we?

Post by pamcook »

So - the light fixtures openings cut into the ship lap on my new bathroom wall are just the teeniest bit too big. I'm trying to come up with something to layer behind them (not cardstock!). Something about 5.5" circle? Does this make any sense? Any ideas? I keep thinking a wooden disk about the size of a bread plate? Help me brainstorm!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: How creative are we?

Post by pbp908 »

Why not a tin light medallion? You can purchase repros of them and paint them any color. Sounds like you actually need something salad plate size instead of dinner plate, depending on the light fixture. What color are your fixtures? If you have a brass or polished nickel finish you could paint them to match and make them look like part of the light design.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I'm sure Joel has an extra hub cab hanging around somewhere..... :tomato: :tomato:

Not much help, huh?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

He doesn't do hub cabs - only rally wheels. :cry:

I'm going to do a search for medallions. They need to be about 5 - 6" in diameter. Chris suggested going with a rectangular piece of wood (maybe Michael's?) and paint them either the color of the walls or black (like the door knobs). The light fixtures are galvanized metal. Maybe I just need to go shopping to see what I can find.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Have a stroll around your Lowe's or Home Depot and see what you can find. Maybe in the plumbing department if they are galvanized metal. Ask their advice, they love that, at least at ours they do, especially if you can go on a weekday morning when they are standing around bored.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Do you have a ReStore anywhere close by? It's a Habitat for Humanity thing. If you have one nearby and it's not a special out-of-the-way trip, maybe consider a stroll through there as well. I don't have any specific suggestions, but you might stumble across just the right piece of material at a store like that.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great suggestions! I was at a loss last night.
Pam Cook #48