Weekend Plans? Anybody Out There?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
nchoney

Re: Weekend Plans? Anybody Out There?

Post by nchoney »

She IS adorable..... I know you're enjoying spending time with her.

I haven't hit the rubber stamps yet... but have been making diecuts to go in Christmas gifts. Helen and Peggy will get some... and maybe my Secret Sister, too. I caved last weekend and bought some of the Ellentina dies... there were some super ones of cacti ... and other Arizona type designs.... but they also have these super animal dies ... lion, tiger, zebra, ostrich, giraffe.... and since I've got a ton of zoo photos (and so does Peggy since she lives a block away from the zoo) .... I'm sure they'll be put to good use... anyway... tried the first one last night and it cuts beautifully on the first try... yay!!! So... they're pricey, but they cut great!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

She is perfect, how is little sister taking it?
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh. My. Gosh.!!! Nancy another beautiful girl in the family. Melanie Joy is adorable.

Like Nancy said, Thursday was warm and gorgeous. It's pounding rain here right now and should keep up for several hours. This morning I was up and at it early so I could take care of food shopping and beat the rain. Just made it. I have a few cards to catch up on today so I have the perfect weather to do it. Charley's GF is here and we'll all have dinner together while we watch "Le Chevre"...which was the original French version before "Pure Luck" was made. Both are hilarious but the French version is our favorite.

My birding class got really lucky yesterday with it staying dry the whole time after a very heavy overnight rain. Tomorrow it's back to business...auto appointment, aquafit and then I get to look forward to a dental appointment Thursday. Ick. Replacing an aging (haha) filling.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

With the wedding in 2 months, I haven't had the space to do anything that isn't wedding related. I have a little lull right now, but I don't want to put anything away. I wired 15 pinecones a couple of days ago, but I need a run to Michael's for more flowers and I don't have plans for the hour run to Eugene until the 15th which is also when I'm going shopping for a dress. Last week end I helped with all the men's clothing choices and those have all been ordered so at least that's done.

Thursday, my pool peeps and I are having a craft day to make faeries for our Thanksgiving potluck door prizes, so I will get to do something non-wedding related this week. And I'm going through some backgrounds to come up with a design for mom's and my garden club directory covers.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Melanie Joy is beautiful.

Congratulations Nancy and family.

Yesterday was a super day, the weather was terrific. I drove to Indianapolis about 80 minutes away, to meet up with a Wisconsin friend for lunch. Her husband is a writer, and a member of the Mystery Writers of America, so they were in town for the annual convention. This was the 2nd year we've met at the lovely Columbia Club for lunch, so fancy!

Today, Sunday, I went to vote early...and the place was hopping busy.

It's odd being on my own for the past few months...never had to do this before...so life is rather slow. 2 weeks and we are on the move to Ohio. I have been packing some of my craft room, mostly paper, as I want to make sure it is packed correctly.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

she is so sweet
congratulations!
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Nancy - your granddaughter is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh my gosh, I don't think I had a minute to hardly even breathe this weekend! Friday night was Trunk n Treat at the elementary school (which Nicole still loves going to also). Then Saturday morning was our typical divide and conquer thing - I took Jake to Karate and went to Zumba, while Rob took Nicole to the high school to play the national anthem for the opening of their marching invitational. Jake and I headed straight there after our classes, and saw the middle schoolers all play, then stayed for a couple of bands before going home to change. Then Nicole and I came back up for a few more bands, then went home to get our costumes together for a party on Saturday night. I have two cousins who were both married in Octobers of years past, but neither had a big wedding or reception, so they were holding a belated joint reception/costume party. I got to see family I hadn't seen in a while, so that was fun.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon running errands and finally got to sit and relax around 7:00. I also had to spend some time yesterday doing some prep work for the glassware I'll be etching for the craft fair. The girls are doing something else, but this is going to be my personal contribution, because I think we can get a pretty good profit margin on it. I wound up getting a bunch of glassware donated, so anything we sell of that will be almost pure profit.

Now I need to switch gears and figure out what to do about all of the November kid birthdays we've got in our family. Jake's is the 16th, and the poor kid hasn't had a kid party since kindergarten. I need to try to figure out something and get invites out - and schedule it around his cousins' parties. Then I'll be in a position to start having my full on Christmas panic attack and quickly turn into a full-out grinch. :roll: So.. I guess I'll resurface some time in January...
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO