Hurricane Matthew

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
mpizzazz

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Post by mpizzazz »

You guys just can't seem to dry out down there, Pam. I hope you can get the others to your place. Know anyone with a helicopter?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

If I did, they'd be flying rescue missions. They've had numerous offers of places to stay and people who will come get them, but they're stubbornly staying. I think they're afraid of the looting that's going on. Darned if I know.

I finally saw one photo of the area where I work. Very upsetting. :cry:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am sure that is a horrible thing to have to see. I really can't imagine how those scum bags can loot. I hope they are caught and prosecuted. People are suffering so very bad with this storms leftovers and these no goods are out causing more heart ache.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I heard this morning that they hope the rivers will have all crested by Friday morning. I sure hope so. More rain in the forecast for next week.
Going to stock up on local groceries. Prices are going to skyrocket with so much farmland and so many farms washed away.
Pam Cook #48
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I so happy tp hear that for the most part
you have all come through this storm without
too much happening to you and your homes.
I hope that you are able to get your family and friends
to comfortable safety.
I will keep their recovery in my thoughts and prayers
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
nancine

Post by nancine »

Pam P - Lumberton was shown on our local news last night, gosh it looks so bad. Prayers for all living through this.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'll be working this weekend on a nice task.... Mike is helping clear out a flooded downstairs today down in Hatteras and noticed 20 - 30 wet photo albums spread out on a table... he called me to find out if I'd like to try to rescue this lady's photos... and I've contacted her and we're going to meet tomorrow for me to pick them up and start getting them out of the albums and dried and/or scanned. She said a lot of them are digital and are already backed up online (good girl!!) but she'll bring the others up to where she works... up in the village next to me...

so... finally something I can do to help... yay!!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Awesome you are doing that for get!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Hope that you are able to help her save her photos. I first hand know how hard it is to try and save photos.

Floods are terrible in so many ways.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

The first photo album went well. Seems the bottom got wet and it wicked up the paper of these pages. Just the bottom photos (there were 3 on each page) were actually wet. They weren't stuck though. Only lost a little of the emulsion on some. Hopefully the other album will be ok too. It's in the freezer right now. Hoping that helps with the emulsion issue.

Scanning is taking some time, but I've got almost 200 scanned from that first album. It looks like it held 300. Whew!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wonderful that you can help, Debi! :clap:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

nancine wrote:Pam P - Lumberton was shown on our local news last night, gosh it looks so bad. Prayers for all living through this.

What they're not showing on the news is that Trump was here (at Wendy's) after dropping off several truck loads of supplies in Lumberton and two other towns. I guess it's not as newsworthy as the groping allegations. No comments from either Obama or Clinton about the flooding and devastation.

Bad Pam Bad Pam Bad Pam
Pam P.

Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

pbp908 wrote:
nancine wrote:Pam P - Lumberton was shown on our local news last night, gosh it looks so bad. Prayers for all living through this.

What they're not showing on the news is that Trump was here (at Wendy's) after dropping off several truck loads of supplies in Lumberton and two other towns. I guess it's not as newsworthy as the groping allegations. No comments from either Obama or Clinton about the flooding and devastation.

Bad Pam Bad Pam Bad Pam
Allegations? He admitted it with his own words. As far as comments from Obama and Hillary, I saw and read statements they made concerning Hurricane Matthew. I like to watch all the news channels so I can get a good perspective of each side. I can provide links if you would like.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

They were the normal run of the mill comments - nothing about the towns affected or any relief offered other than FEMA. They haven't even toured the damage by air, land, train or any other way.

As for Trump, the only thing he admitted to is a tape from 2005. Guys talk trash, and so do women if the truth be told.

And that's the end of my political rant.
Pam P.

Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

:cool5: :cool5: :cool5: :cool5: