Hurricane Matthew

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
nchoney

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Post by nchoney »

We didn't get any flooding in our 3 villages but the southern villages were seriously flooded. Anywhere from 5 - 7 feet of sound side flooding. It will be our turn to help them clean up and recover from this.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Glad that you were spared. Matthew was one nasty storm for sure.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

Glad you didn't get flooded Debi - such a brutal storm!
Now we wait to hear from Pam P. Hope all is well there.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Just an FYI for those of you who met my friend Helen. Mike was down at the south end of the island and went and picked her up where she was staying with friends during the storm. He got her to her house.... and it's fine... and now she'll be heading over to the fire station to assist with post-storm relief. yay!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great news! Tell her hello for me.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We have power! It came back on around 7:00 tonight, and we were able to order take out and watch Jeopardy. Our repaired generator was delivered around 5:30 - 6:00 this morning, so we got it going when I found it outside around 10:00. We were able to get the freezer, refrigerator, well and lights going. With a little bit of load sharing (thank God for an electrician husband) we were able to run a load of laundry and dry it, too. Lumberton is flooded and so is Red Springs. I'm going to send Adam over to Red Springs tomorrow morning to pick up Julie and Maddie to bring them here. They may not have power until the weekend. Our offices flooded (downtown Lumberton) and as of now we're not returning to work until Friday, if then. Payroll was supposed to go out this week - it's already processed but I don't know if they'll be able to transmit it from home or not. Laurinburg city has power, but since 97% of Scotland Co. had no power we're not sure who's up and who's not. Chris is working tonight at the hotel - everything within 100 miles is booked solid. If I could find our tent and pitch it we could probably rent it out - it's that bad.

Glad to hear everyone is OK, especially Debi! We're good - now that the toilets have been flushed and the dishes washed. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam so very glad you finally have power again. That is one horrible feeling. We have been there, done that. Not fun for any length of time.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

This is such a relief hearing you all check in and know you are alright. I can't imagine going through that kind of storm.

Continue to be safe please.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Ditto what Farley said. I've been waiting and waiting for Pam P to check in... the last of our storm folks.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

So glad you have power Pam P. My DIL got hers late this afternoon. We were able to save most of their food and shove it in my refrigerator and freezer. We'll be eating turkey and roast this week. She and the grandkids were staying with us but are back home tonight. My son will be getting back home from Europe on Wednesday. I'm so glad he won't have to come back to no electricity. It's been quite a week.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Studio 12 posted a video of the drive down Hwy 12 from the Bonner Bridge (on Facebook). So rugged and so beautiful - because I'm not living through the aftermath, I know.

I can't begin to imagine how many months this recovery will take.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Just spoke with Pam P. They have power again. Now trying to get their family members out of flooded regions and to their home. Sounds like her work place is flooded.
Bonnie is doing well.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

So glad to hear that you're safe and sound.... that's all of us safe due to the power of all of our combined prayers... and the power of my big pile of full plastic totes... LOL

hugs all around!!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm glad everyone is ok now. very lucky this time!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Bonnie is here - she took I-95 up to Hwy 38 and then came cross-country. They still don't have power but have a generator, so she's able to keep things going there. She's here for a hair cut and we have Melancholy Babies practice tonight.

Maddie and Julie are here, and going to Charlotte tomorrow. Adam is going, too, so with Chris working nights we'll have the place to ourselves. Won't know how to handle that! :-o

Still haven't got my nephew and his family out of Lumberton. They're on the north side and I need to get them to the south side so we can get to them. Unless someone has an amphibious vehicle that can handle deep water (around 5') they can't move. Emergency services are pretty much all that's moving around - still evacuating people from their homes via boat and helicopter. Fast water rescue from the western part of the State are there helping. From what I'm seeing, Wayne County is a mess, too. Talked with Jim at Ocean Isle and he said it was a non-event for them. Almost no flooding and kept power throughout. Go figure.

South of the Border is flooded. I know it's an eye-sore tourist trap, but dang - that's as much an institution as Fuller's Restaurant in Lumberton, which is flooded up to the second floor. Hurts my soul because a. that's a really nice family and b. that's some of the best food I've ever eaten.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com