Cleaning and Down-Sizing

Something to buy Something to sell Something to give away
mpizzazz

Re: Cleaning and Down-Sizing

Post by mpizzazz »

pbp908 wrote:Strangely enough, George decided that my nice big folding table was too large. WTH??? I never have enough working room when I start a project as it is! So he went to IKEA and got me a new desk. The dratted thing is half the size of my folding table. I wanted to down size but this is ridiculous. I may end up at Lowe's picking up a nice long (and wider) piece of wood for a new desk top. ;)
That's terrible! Find somewhere else for HIS desk and go back to what you had and want.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I forced him to get the other Mac off of my Murphy desk, so I have that surface to work on again. So now I have 2 desks and this is forcing me to keep it clean in here. Even he said the desk is small. The large desk I can't move because it has my large computer, printer/fax, small photo printer, phone, and a lamp. The real issue is that we own too much stuff.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote: The real issue is that we own too much stuff.

It’s the same here and not just in craftland. :lol:

We’ve already had our family Christmas...families have returned home and we can now just cruise through the holiday. I love that and it means I may get to start my gut job sooner. My craft room always gets trashed at Christmas since it is downstairs and right off the living room. I can hardly enter it. And of course I have a serious craft-hankering. So something has to give before I can play.

Bring on the backhoe!!!
FARLEY in Sacramento
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Pam, my husband made me a craft table out of a Full Size sheet of Plywood. I think that is 8ft x 4ft? I know it's huge. He sanded and sanded it and varnished and polyurethaned it. I basically still only have about 4 by 4 space cleared on it to actually work. Honestly, a lot of the space is my inks and pens and some stamps and other things that I use constantly arranged around for quick access, but it doesn't matter how big the space, it's quickly taken over.

And that is not the only workspace in my room, I do have a separate table for my cutting area and my computer.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:No matter the size of my work surface, I end up working in. 12 x 12 space. Always.
;

My desk is 42" x 72" so plenty big enough; my lament is that I bought this gorgeous glass desk literally weeks before I started paper-crafting. So the reality is that 99% of the time it's covered with a cheap flannel-backed vinyl cloth to protect the surface from scratches, etc. At least we don't set eyelets with a hammer anymore :-o

But no matter that I have a 25-cubbie Ikea Expedit immediately behind me that holds all my oft-used supplies, inevitable I end up with barely 12" x 24" of space surrounded by temporary piles - just enough room to work on a double-page layout. When it's cleared off, the only things with a permanent home on top are my tool tote, computer and coaster for my drink.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

No matter the size, we use it all! :lol:

I look at all of those beautiful photos of people's scrap rooms and wonder if they actually do any work in them.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:No matter the size, we use it all! :lol:

I look at all of those beautiful photos of people's scrap rooms and wonder if they actually do any work in them.

I can’t help but wonder that also Pam. When Bob made me my awesome shelving cases about 6 years ago my room had a brief (very brief) look like that. It hasn’t since. I use my room and every square inch...including the floor unfortunately. But soon the gut job will begin. I took a photo of the disaster area for a before and after. I think my teacher friend will be getting another donation soon.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who uses the floor! Unfortunately, the cat loves it when I do. :lol:
Pam P.

Paula

Post by Paula »

I thought they enacted that into law.
“Immediate floor space must be used to initiate tripping, and a calculated exit from craft space”
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Paula wrote:I thought they enacted that into law.
“Immediate floor space must be used to initiate tripping, and a calculated exit from craft space”
I think I remember when they did that.
Pam Cook #48