Reorganized Command Center

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
paddlegal

Reorganized Command Center

Post by paddlegal »

After two years of running upstairs into Bob's office to scan my images for my KNK then back down to the craft room to check that it worked, I FINALLY moved the scanner down to my room and cleaned up a rather messy corner. Now I can sit in one spot, scan an image, check my computer to confirm it's in the right spot, print it out and then get on with playing with cutting stamps on my KNK. Yipppeeeee! This involved expanding an old microwave cart of my mom's so that printer and scanner sit side-by-side. Oh, there are a few things in the living room that I now have to deal with but I'll find a home for it all or just trash it.

I'm in business! Such simple, basic things make me so happy. :lol:
Attachments
Command Center.jpg
Command Center.jpg (99.41 KiB) Viewed 683 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Re: Reorganized Command Center

Post by pbp908 »

I really like having everything near at hand. Makes a creative difference.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great job. Always easier when you don't have to leave your craft area.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

You are in business!
nancine

Post by nancine »

But the other way incorporated exercise into the day :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Now that's a thought. Maybe I should move the printers and scanner to the other side of our property. Lord knows I need the exercise! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

Love the simplicity and organization Farley! I love a computer/printer spot when I moved to Colorado. I do, however finally have a crafting and sewing space I really like...lol
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote:But the other way incorporated exercise into the day :lol:

:P :P :P
FARLEY in Sacramento
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

I'm trying to figure out the word "organized"
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Cheryl Mixon wrote:I'm trying to figure out the word "organized"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please note that you cannot see the rest of the not-so-organized rest of my craft room.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That looks great Farley! I had to dedicate a corner of my craft space to having a scanner and PC. Having that equipment elsewhere (which I tried) meant that I just never used it. I avoided the crafting tasks that depended on running up and down the stairs.

Now I just need to get the photo printer working again, or decide that it's dead and get a new one. That's one place where I am back to up and down the stairs for things, and I don't like it.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here's a goal for 2016 - I'm going to make space on my desk for my Silhouette. Right now, I don't see how that can possibly happen but it's seriously the only way I know I'll use it. Right now? It's still packed in my tote from our beach week. That's sad. I keep my desk cluttered with stuff that I rarely use. Going back to really consider what I use regularly - everything else can have a home about 3 feet away and that's close enough! I used to keep all my distress ink tools on my desk - and almost never use any except for black soot and walnut stain. That was an easy fix. The real issue with the Silhouette is the amount of space you need in front and in back of it.

Farley, your photo has inspired me! Maybe the Silhouette can have a home next to the laptop and when I use it, move it down on top of my paper trimmer...hm...
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Can you put the Silhouette at the end of the table/desk? So it only takes up its own size space. Mine is on the end of the old desktop computer desk.
Ok, here's a photo to explain what I mean. Our desktop computer used to occupy this desk on the other side of the room from my area. Now it just houses printers, scanners, spare monitor, etc. It means the mats can go in and out behind the machine and you only need the area right in front clean when you are using it.
Attachments
P1190419.JPG
P1190419.JPG (157.75 KiB) Viewed 555 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That's what I'm visualizing. Will see what works out.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yes, it has to have its own dedicated, exposed place or it won't be used. My KNK is so darn big and the matte I use is 24 inches long so I have to be able to slide it near the edge of the desk when I use it which is fairly often.

Marianne, your set up looks great.

Pam, once I'm done with holiday cards and tags I really need to reevaluate my supply usage and what is on my craft desk. But I hop around so much with different supplies and styles so much I can't make up my mind.
FARLEY in Sacramento