Reorganized Command Center

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
jfugina

Re: Reorganized Command Center

Post by jfugina »

One of the long walls in my craft room has a countertop that's 12' long, I think. In the very corner is the computer case, monitor, and scanner. I don't it frequently, so having it tucked in the corner works. But my cricut is scooched in right next to it, where the USB cable reaches. It's not usable in its current position, but if I move it away from the computer by a few inches, I can make enough space to feed the mat through. It's somewhat similar to what Farley and Marianne have set up.

Good luck Pam! Having everything in an accessible place is critical, IMO. My big problem tool is my Sizzix Big Shot. It lives on the floor (or in a cabinet) because I don't have enough counter space for it to have a permanent home. And I'd love to solve that problem, because die cutting always makes me so happy. But I rarely use the thing.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I agree about the Big Shot, Julie... mine winds up on the floor a lot... and I know that's just not a good place for me to store anything. But the scrapbook room is in chaos until we get the cabinets rearranged (it's been a year and a half since Arthur flooded the house so the cabinets should be in the right rooms by now... right?) Once I get my workspace uncovered again, there should be room for things where the countertop will be.

Who ever thought that this hobby of ours would require all the thought we have to put into organizing supplies and tools? LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

No joke! I started scrapbooking in 98 or so, and at the time, my entire collection of supplies would fit in a messenger bag. Then it grew to a crop-in-style XL, and now I've nearly outgrown an entire room. I've been good though. I moved down there over 10 years ago, and I haven't expanded beyond that room in all that time. As long as my stuff still fits in that room, I'm good.... even if I have to step over top of things every so often. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO