Can I gush a little?

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Paula

Re: Can I gush a little?

Post by Paula »

jfugina wrote:Um, let me 'splain about EVE. If I spent as much time at my scrap table as Rob spends at his PC playing EVE,

1. There would not have been a single load of laundry done in the last year
2. Our family would have eaten nothing but fast food for the last year
3. I'd weigh 500 lbs because of fast food and no movement in my day
4. Every dish we own would be dirty and piled by the sink, and there'd be a monthly stop at a Walgreens for paper plates and plastic cups
5. We'd be kicked out of our house because no one would have paid a single bill in over a year.
6. Nicole wouldn't be in girl scouts because the troop would have disbanded due to lack of leadership.

Seriously... my husband does NOTHING else. He goes to work, he comes home and gets the kids fed, and he plays EVE. Unless I specifically ask him to do something, he doesn't budge from his computer. He takes his computer when we're traveling, and as soon as we get to the hotel, he gets on his laptop.

So I have to disagree - an EVE obsession is far more severe than a PAO obsession. :lol:
I think that that sounds like a scrapbook page!! :anyone: you should do it!!!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I should. Rob would hate me though. I'd have to interview him, so that I could put all of the jargon on the page. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Tell him you're chronicling each family member's hobbies and pastimes. Which I suppose means you'd want to do an interview and pages for each kiddo as well.... but this would definitely be a page to remember!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That's actually a pretty cool idea Monica. I could do an "all about me" page for each person - how could he argue with that? The project wouldn't be complete without him. :D
Julie Fugina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ok, you're right, we aren't that obsessed! :shock:
I can understand your frustration, Julie. It is not at all fair to you.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Chris will sit up half the night playing and then get up later that morning and start over. His corp is all over the world, from S. Africa to Scotland to California but somehow they all manage to get together. Then he has to talk with them and some of the language out of those guys is not fit for young ears, or old ones either for that matter. They're hiding in wormholes and running sneak attacks and mining or stripping down a ship they just blew up and then buying new ships and learning to fly other ones and when they hit however many gazillions they're going to split off and start a new whatever. :wtf: We were lucky he broke long enough to eat when he was home last summer. All the while he was squatting in the middle of the living room and getting upset with me when I cleaned the room.

I might try to cover his rent for another year to keep him in the apartment instead of him moving back home.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, Rob has a headset. I've heard some of his ends of conversations, but never any of the other voices. Mostly what I hear is "hold on a sec... my wife just walked in". :lol: Then I'll tell him I want him to help Jake with his shower, or help Nicole with her spelling words or whatever, and he gets back on and says "I gotta go.. back in a bit". I'm sure the guys there think I'm a total nag, unless they actually bother to process the ratio of time I'm bugging him to the time he's playing completely uninterrupted.

That's OK though. Like I said, it actually buys me quite a bit of leverage when I want to go out and do something. He knows I don't ask much of him, so when I do, he doesn't have any grounds to refuse. :twisted:
Julie Fugina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

For sure you should get some "me" time. Sounds like he really owes it to you.
jfugina wrote:Yeah, Rob has a headset. I've heard some of his ends of conversations, but never any of the other voices. Mostly what I hear is "hold on a sec... my wife just walked in". :lol: Then I'll tell him I want him to help Jake with his shower, or help Nicole with her spelling words or whatever, and he gets back on and says "I gotta go.. back in a bit". I'm sure the guys there think I'm a total nag, unless they actually bother to process the ratio of time I'm bugging him to the time he's playing completely uninterrupted.

That's OK though. Like I said, it actually buys me quite a bit of leverage when I want to go out and do something. He knows I don't ask much of him, so when I do, he doesn't have any grounds to refuse. :twisted:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Just received my first kit - the December one since they were out of January, which is fine by me as I have little Christmas paper since I can't find the stinking box I put it in.

But I digress. Sorry. The paper is very good quality heavy paper. I was a bit stymied as to what goes where until I looked at the color photos online of the LOs. I'll probably work on a LO or two over the long weekend. We're supposed to have snow Saturday (!) (Sorry, Cheryl) so I may actually have something to photograph. I'm also thinking it's time for an updated photo of me and George, so if I can grab a kid to point the camera for me....
Pam P.

troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Last I heard was rain Pam ;)
pbp908 wrote:Just received my first kit - the December one since they were out of January, which is fine by me as I have little Christmas paper since I can't find the stinking box I put it in.

We're supposed to have snow Saturday (!) (Sorry, Cheryl) so I may actually have something to photograph. I'm also thinking it's time for an updated photo of me and George, so if I can grab a kid to point the camera for me....
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Dashboard and Weather Channel are still saying snow. I'm hoping for snow. Of course the fact that we'll be going from sunny and 66 on Friday to snow on Saturday means it won't hang around long, but Hey! A girl can dream, can't she!?! :lol:
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I have the gripe about the super sketch club's lack of photos too. The other page kits all come with color photos, and it's really handy for putting the layout together. What I've done with that super sketch kit is copy the photos from the web site into PSE and print them out on a single 8.5x11 for reference. That's worked decently enough for me.

You might be thankful you didn't get the January kit. On that blue/yellow layout, those aren't sticker flowers. They went old school with this one - the flowers on both layouts are hand cut out of a single flower print. It was a MASSIVE PITA. But on a positive note, I grabbed a gold/yellow piece of cardstock out of my own stash, and and another set of background cardtock, and was able to make both sketches. And the simple stories layout had tons of paper left over. But the print that had all of the phrases and boxes was double-sided was something that you'd need two of to do both layouts. So lots of leftovers on that one. The other three January ones are the ones I intend to use for the wax museum, and the creation of Nicole's costume. I think it will be perfect.
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

December has a lot of cutting, too. Doilies. My hand aches already but I think this is a useable sketch that I'll use with my circle cutter. Thanks for the tip on printing out the photos - my brain is getting too much oxygen w/o the cigarette fumes and I can't seem to think very well. :lol:
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I just did those December ones with a circle cutter too. I didn't make the detailed cuts - I was happy enough with the circles. And it looks like they're doing a bit of this in the February pages as well, which might annoy me if it becomes a continuing trend. I've never been a fan of detailed scissor work. Honestly, I might just make a run up to Archivers for a coordinating embellishment sheet for the line, and save the single sheet of paper for something else if they continue to cut embellishments out. My hands don't cramp (yet) - I'm just too lazy to do all that cutting, and the two hours it took me to cut out all of those flowers could have been spent running to Archivers and back. 8-) By gosh, those pages with the flowers really turned out pretty though. And I had some blue POPs that I used for the photo mats, and it's one of the prettiest sets of pages I've ever seen without photos. :D

At least December came with stickers. :-) I really really loved the December layouts. The trees waste a lot of paper, but I love the result.
Julie Fugina
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

that's why I quit paper wishes
too much fussy cutting
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois